This mod adds a new bow that behaves exactly like the bows before Minecraft Beta 1.8 (rapid fire, no pull back/charging). Different arrows do not need to be crafted for use with this bow. Also, in version 1.5 and up, right clicking to fire the bow no longer slows the player down as if they were pulling back the normal bow. The bow can also be enchanted by placing it in an anvil along with an enchanted book.
Please note that this mod no longer has multiplayer support as ModLoader MP hos not updated since Minecraft 1.3.2 and this is out of my control. I may make a forge version of this mod so it will work in SMP.
1. Download the latest version of ModLoader.
2. Download the latest client version of this mod from the Downloads below.
3. Install ModLoader (Instructions are on the ModLoader thread).
4. Run Minecraft, wait until it reaches the main menu then close it. This initialises ModLoader and creates the "mods" folder.
5. Open .minecraft/bin (Start > Run > type "%appdata%")
6. Put the contents of "[1.x.x] Old Bow v1.x.zip" into .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
7. Run Minecraft and play.
8. If you get an error message, post it here or PM me. I can't help you if you just say "it doesn't work".
Multiplayer (Client & Server) Install Guide (Windows)
(Mulitplayer no longer supported, see top of thread for details)
Make sure you have followed the above instructions for the Client install before doing the following server install
1. Download the latest version of ModLoaderMP Client and Server from here.
2. Download the latest server version of this mod from the Downloads below.
3. Drag and Drop the files in ModLoaderMP 1.x.x v.x.zip to the client minecraft.jar. (Run Minecraft to check everything worked).
4. Get a clean minecraft_server.jar from here(download from minecraft.net).
5. Open minecraft_server.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
6. Drag and drop files from "ModLoaderMP Server 1.x.x v.x.zip" into minecraft_server.jar
7. Delete META-INF folder.
8. Run the server to check that installed correctly, then stop the server.
9. Drag and Drop files from "[1.x.x] Old Bow v1.x MP.zip" into minecraft_server.jar OR put the zip into the "mods" folder
10. Run the server and check that in the log it says:
i loved the pre 1.8 bow. it was quite usefull then. even though they added damage to the bow post 1.8, they eliminated rapidfire. rapidfire really helped out fighting ghasts. now... it is really dangerous
I just hate the new bows. They're much too slow for my liking. I'm most likely going to get this because I liked the pre-1.8 bows; They were like PEW PEW PE PEW PE PEW PEW PEW!! But the new ones are like Whuuuuum, Pew! Whuuuuuum, Pew! I don't like it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
95% of teens would scream if Justin Beiber was about to jump of the top of the Empire State Building. If you are in the 5% that would grab a seat and some popcorn and yell JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! post this into your sig.