Antarctica Mod is a mod for single player Minecraft. It implements a new biome, 3 new mobs, and many other things. It is intended to be like Antarctica. Currently, this mod is under development and is on version 1.3. There are a lot of bugs and it would be appreciated if you said them as a reply. To install this mod, just drag and drop all the files and folders you received in the zip file into the minecraft.jar after you've installed ModLoader. Updates will come on the weekends. This mod uses PudelHund's Dimension API in it's source code. Note: Don't close out of your world while in the Antarctica Dimension or else your world will be corrupted. So if you intend to go into the Antarctica Dimension, go back through the portal before you log out. Also, your portal to the Antarctica Dimension might spawn underground in a cave.
Have an issue with the mod? Click Here!
Want to check out a server I play on? Click Here to go to Ownedcraft.com
1. Added Antarctica Dimension
2. Made Huskies bigger
3. Made Yetis bigger
4. Snow Golem's can no longer spawn in the antarctica biome but can spawn in the Antarctica Dimension
5. Added item Freon
6. Added ore Freon Ore which when mined drops freon
7. Added item Freon sword v1.2.2:
1. Fixed penguin model
2. Changed penguin texture to fit model v1.2.1:
1. Yetis no longer drop ice.
2. Ice pickaxes can now mine ice.
3. Igloos spawn on the edge of the Antarctica Biome. v1.2:
1. Added Huskies.
2. Removed Penguin meat from spawning in dungeons.
3. Added Ice Furnaces which refine ice which can be crafted with permafrost and cobblestone.
4. Added Refined Ice.
5. Added Huskies which spawn in Antarctica biomes.
6. Ice can now be picked up.
7. Yetis now drop ice. v1.1.3:
1. Made mod more compatible.
2. Fixed bug with Yeti Flesh.
3. Added Ice Sword.
4. Added Permafrost to Creative Menu. v1.1.2:
1. Changed Penguin model.
2. Made mod more compatible.
3. Added Penguin egg which does half a heart of damage when thrown. v1.1:
1. Added new achievements.
2. Added new block Permafrost that spawns in Antarctica biome.
3. Added new mob Yeti that spawns in Mountain biomes and Antarctica biomes.
4. Added Yeti Flesh that Yetis drop upon death. v1.0.1:
1.Fixed Penguins dying in water.
2.Penguin meat and Cooked Penguin meat can now appear in dungeon chests.
3.Add spawn egg for Penguin in creative mode.
4.Penguins can now only spawn in Tundra, Antarctica, Taiga, Ice, and Mountain Biomes.
Pictures and Crafting Recipes:
Biome - Antarctica
Permafrost is underneath the snow
Antarctica Dimension Portal - Only Accessible in Creative Mode
Where You Spawn in Antarctica
New Mob - Penguin
Penguins Drop Penguin Meat...
...Which Can Be Cooked
Penguin Egg which Penguins drop periodically (like Chickens)
New Mob - Yeti
New Mob - Husky
Yeti Flesh which can be obtained by killing a Yeti and can make you stronger if you eat it
Ice Pickaxe which mines ice - Recipe Same For All Materials
How to Craft the Ice Furnace
Which Combines Iron and Ice to Make Refined Ice
Which Is Used to Make an Ice Sword
Freon Ore Can Be Mined From the Ground...
...Which Drops Freon...
...Which Can Be Used to Make a Freon Sword
Developers: - Comrod
Beta Testers: - EnderViscount
Want an Antarctica Mod Banner? Look no further, with the official Antarctica Mod Banner, made by our very own Pollo_loco:
Just copy and paste the code into your signature to get the full effect of the ice. I hope you enjoy this mod, even in its base version. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post a reply about them.
Great! Antarctica is my favorite continent! Why do I see a pine forest in antarctica though? That's wierd...also is the underground all ice instead of stone?
No, Biomes are only the surface. There are 2 layers of snow and because the temperature is cold there is ice instead of water. There is no dirt. So everything below the top 3 or 4 layers is normal. The pine forest is an adjoining Taiga forest biome. The generator decided to put the two biomes next to each other.
I'll check it out keep up the work. btw can you make the pinguin none human bodey if you could do that it would look awsume. add ice fish it eats you in the water and you need a spear to catch it
add ice saw that makes it avable to get ice blocks
Anyone who knows anything about Minecraft knows that there is no mob that has its arms at its sides.
Plus you can tell from the perspective that the model file is altered. The penguin is smaller than a human mob. There's no way that's simply a retexture.
Please check what nonsense you're spouting before you post it on a public forum.