There's a ton of videos up... that doesn't quite help me. So is there a step-by-step or 'how to' install written down somewhere? For those of us who have issues with playing videos.
Mr. Kingbdogz, you can put this on the OP if you want, to give people written instructions on installing and getting error reports...of course most people who have errors probably didn't read the OP anyway but still...
Here's your written down how to(ON WINDOWS):
USE A EMPTY MINECRAFT.JAR(for you noobs, if you've modded before delete your minecraft.jar and download a new one by starting minecraft) IF YOU DON'T AND IT CRASHES IT IS PROBABLY A MOD CONFLICT! IF YOU DO IT ON AN EMPTY ONE, YOU ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO GET HELP.
1. Get a zipping program like WinRAR, I use and prefer 7-zip.
2. Download Modloader, AudioMod, ShockAhPI, and the Aether from their respective threads.
3. If you are on Windows, go to run (if you're on 7, the little search bar on the start menu) and type %appdata% then click the roaming folder, and you should see your .minecraft folder. Make sure to make a shortcut for it so you don't have to search for it everytime.
4. In .minecraft, open the bin folder. Then you should see a .jar file named minecraft. Right-click, and choose open with... and open it with your zipping program.
5. DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER!!!
6. Open Modloader with the zipping program, and put all the .class files into the minecraft.jar you just opened. Repeat with AudioMod, except put everything in there(the ibxm folder, the paulscode folder, and the yo.class). With ShockAhPI, put everything in the bin folder(again, all the .class files) in the minecraft.jar. Now open the Aether mod, and put everything in the jar folder in your minecraft.jar.
7. Now go back to your .minecraft folder. Open the resources folder. Now look in the resources folder in the Aether mod, and put the "mod" file into the resources folder in .minecraft.
8. Close everything, open Minecraft, enjoy.
P.S. You're welcome.
Edit: Some mods are incompatible with ShockAhPI, so that means if you try to install certain mods with it, Minecraft will crash no matter what.
If you really want feedback and help on your crashing problems, do this:(YOU USE THIS FOR HELP WITH OTHER MODS TOO)
3. Then save it anywhere as error.bat (the error part is optional, you can replace it with whatever) and then open it. It should open Minecraft; then go do whatever you did before to make Minecraft crash and copy the error report in the Minecraft window.
4. Post on this thread(don't PM me) and include the error report in your post with the wonderful command called paste.
P.S. If no one answers you after a considerable amount of time you can send the error report to me, but your chances are very low that I will be able to help you.
I wanted to say I played the aether mod for the past hour or so, and I found the Cloud Wand or whatever it was called and used it, then I changed to another tool, and my char kept shooting clouds as though I was holding the wand still. Not sure if this is a bug or not.