This mod is now considered deprecated, it has been superseded by a better mod, More Fuel, Tweaks, and everything.
It has all features this mod has, has bugs fixed, plus is customizable and works for literally any Minecraft version.
If you still want to use More Fuel mod, keep in mind that it has a bug preventing two items with same ID but different damage value (metadata) to be handled properly.
Also, due to FML bug that makes it a bit incompatible with ModLoader, with Forge none of items with metadata specified burn at all.
* Item included as fuel to support old Minecraft versions
- Coal or charcoal is still the most efficient fuel
- Damaged wooden tools burn just as good
- Wool color doesn't matter
- It's better to break the boat into 3 planks and 2 sticks instead of burning it
Now public domain, look right in the mod_moreFuel.zip archive.
16 May 2013
- Mod is now universal across Minecraft versions, server/client, FML/ModLoader
- Rebalanced ladder: burns 10 seconds, was 15
- Rebalanced old wooden slab: burns 7.5 seconds, was 15
- Configuration is properly put the in the config directory
- Ensured lowercase m in the mod name
- Changed configuration file to mod_moreFuel.txt to prevent getting butchered by ModLoader
- Source code is released
- updated to Minecraft 1.2.5
- updated to Minecraft 1.2.4
- updated to Minecraft 1.2.3
- updated to Minecraft 1.1
- added a way to customize fuel via configuration file
- updated to Minecraft 1.0.0
- updated to Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
- added as fuel:
- Leaves - 2s
- Vines - 2s
- Tall grass - 2s
- Wheat - 2s
- Sugar cane - 2s
- Map - 2s
- Saddle - 10s
- Wooden slab - 15s
- updated to Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
- updated to Minecraft Beta 1.7_01 with tentative ModLoader support
(works without changes for Beta 1.7.2)
- added SMP support
- updated to Minecraft Beta 1.6.2 (works without changes for Beta 1.6.6)
- (hopefully) future support for ModLoader as soon as it is released
- removed the overwritten class from the archive after ModLoader release
- initial version
Looks very good! I like it that Netherrack and wooden tools now have a purpose. I know Netherrack's okay for traps and decoration but...this just makes it much more useful. And as for wooden tools, I'm sure there are plenty of Minecrafters out there who still have their wooden tools in a storage chest somewhere. I know I do. And hey, Wool gets annoying after a while too. Overall a great first mod in my opinion, I will try it sometime!
I've read your suggestion, master525.
There isn't much use for a just burning for the heck of it thing, doesn't make much sense in burning flowers, seeds, wheat and mushrooms, not sure about the gunpowder either.
Fireplace is well simulated with hidden burning netherrack.
But you reminded me about wooden slabs, thanks!
I've looked into the code, looks like adding them would be troublesome and unclean, as they share the same blockID with stone, sandstone and cobble slabs and only blockID is passed to the AddFuel function in ModLoader. Hmm...
killthenrun1, I think you aren't risking anything by installing the mod without ModLoader. It overwrites the class ModLoader would use, so if you just unpack the archive into minecraft.jar, after installing ModLoader it will change to ModLoader-compatible version.
By the way, turns out to be 1.6.4 compatible without any changes.