Gravity Staff Current Version: 1.0 Works With: 1.0.0
== IMPORTANT ==
This mod will ONLY work with Minecraft version 1.0.0, using it with any other version will probably not work or crash your game.
This is also a work in progress and there may be unforseen bugs.
I'm also not responsible for any destruction of saves or otherwise from failure to backup your files.
If the mod doesn't work you likely did something wrong.
Download is at the bottom.
This mod allows you to pick up any entity derived from EntityLiving (aka all current mobs*, hostile or not)
(* see bugs)
The staff is crafted as such:
With the mushroom being Redstone.
I might [still] change the recipe though.
1. install Risugami's ModLoader if you haven't already (found here: viewtopic.php?t=80246)
2. copy mod_gravityStaff.class, gravityStaff.class and gravityStaff.png into your minecraft.jar using winrar, oracle's jar utility, or one of the various other methods
After crafting simply right click on a mob to pick it up, hit it or right click again to release it.
Mobs can be carried through portals and still drown in water and burn in lava.
Straying too far from the mob (for example if it got stuck on a wall) will automatically drop it.
Hostile mobs such as creepers will not harm you while held (but that's not to say they won't be really mad when you put them down)
Bugs and Quirks:
1. mobs are a little spazzy when being taken for a "walk"
2. squids and other flying mobs aren't thrown when hit
3. mobs need to be actually hit to be tossed away, this is a big problem in chickens since their hitbox is so small
4. Pigs with Saddles and Tamed Wolves don't get picked up (have to change right click handling, why.jpg)
5. mobs in minecarts won't "leave" the minecart when picked up and end up teleporting back and forth
6. sometimes mobs wouldn't make it into the nether or back while being carried and ended up getting "lost" somewhere while I was testing for 1.8.1
To be Implemented:
1. tossing physics
2. server side (likely not)
you canty pick up tamed wolves ive tried they just sit. however 3 wolves attacking a pig levatated just above thier heads while i try to run away=hours of fun
a wierd glitch if your holding a mob and then throw the wand using Q you will drop the mob but if you dont switch in your invetory slot when you pick it up the mob will warp to you and be picked up again.... also dont ry to pick up a mob in a minecart lol
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
ever seen the treasure mobs mod???? well i did the artwork