10 FPS? That doesn't sound right. What settings are you using?
I always play with the lowest graphics ever (besides animations, which i use the default options.)
Edit: I was playing again in my SMP with one friend online, walking in my sand village and got + - 15 FPS
I asked this a few pages ago but no one responded so I'll ask again: does the "natural textures" option only work with 16x16 texture packs? If not, is there something in particular I need to do to get it to work on a 64x64 pack?
(No, I'm not going to keep on asking this question till I get an answer since I would personally consider that bordering spam, but I'd still appreciate an answer.)
Take a look at "template.natural.properties" inside the OptiFine zip file.
You should add Optifine to Magic Launcher so that it automatically downloads the latest version of the specified type (MT, Smooth, Normal, Ultra). I believe almost everyone who uses both would love that.
This version is simply refusing to work for me, regardless of whether I am installing with or without other mods. I've had a look through the properties file but nothing I do seems to help. Could you estimate a date that the rest of the versions will be updated? In my honest opinion, the problem right here is that you might be forgetting that multi-core users might not have to use optifine to get smoother fps; I'd assume that the majority of its users are either single or dual core... then again I might have no idea what I am talking about...
OptiFine B1 Ultra for Minecraft 1.3.1 is released.
What is new:
- The Ultra edition has all the features of Standard, Smooth, Multi-Core and AA.
- The option "Chunk Loading" can switch between Standard, Smooth and Multi-Core chunk loding.
- The options "Anisotropic Filtering" and "Antialiasing" control the AA and AF levels to be used. When AA or AF is ON, the game uses a different rendering algorithm and some side effects may be visible. Currently the handheld compass and watch does not work correctly with AA/AF. Anisotropic Filtering (AF) is only effective when Mipmap Level is active. Antialiasing (AA) requires a game restart before it becomes active.
- The Smooth, Multi-Core and AA editions will be replaced by the Ultra edition.
- The Standard edition will be kept, as it is more compatible with other mods.
- The Light edition will also be ported to 1.3.1.
- "Render Distance: Extreme" is currently not effective in 1.3.1. To be fixed in one of the next versions.
By switching the options, the Ultra edition can mutate into Standard, Smooth, Multi-Core, AA or some mix between them.
I was wondering if you're planning to make a version for 1.3.1 that removes/fixes the lag spikes because I can't play Minecraft at all for any of the versions you've released because I lag so bad. But I always used your optifine for removal of lag spikes in previous versions. So, I know optifine works. I'm just wondering id you're going to release one for 1.3.1.