(If for some reason mediafire seems inaccessible to you, send me an email and I will send the file to you. [email protected])
The source is included in this mod. You can do anything you want with it, as long as you keep it open source and don't use it to make money. I would also appreciate it if you credited me somewhere. Any questions can be sent to [email protected]
- Mister Six
What it is:
This mod adds a fireworks-launcher-block to the game. Trigger it by redstone or rightclicking. It will pick a random skyrocket from the folder mod/Fireworks/Skyrockets and launch it up in the air!
How to set up a redstone device that keeps firing skyrockets.
Skydaz made an automatic installer, for those of you that find it either too hard or too much work. If you like it, thank him. This installer takes care of the installation of Modloader and Audiomod as well. Visit his page here.
0. UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS
1. Get modloader and audiomod and install them.
2. Delete the META-INF folder.
3. Download the Fireworks-mod!
4. Put all the files in this zip into your minecraft.jar, except the Source folder and the readme.
5. Run minecraft!
6. OPTIONAL: Change the BlockID (currently 175) by changing the number in .minecraft/mods/Fireworks/BlockID.txt
7. OPTIONAL: if you have a slow computer, you may want to remove the skyrockets folder. All light skyrockets will be reinstalled.
How to make your own fireworks:
1. Run the game with the mod installed at least once.
2. Go to .minecraft/mods/Fireworks/Skyrockets
3. There you will see all the different types of skyrockets the mod currently has, like this (currently there are more files):
4. Copy _Example.skyrocket, rename it and open it. They have the .skyrocket-extension, but just open them with notepad or any other .txt-editor.
5. Here you see all the variables that can be changed. Every variable has #comments which tell you what happens and what a reasonable range is.
8. OPTIONAL: remove the other files if you want your rocket to be the only rocket in game, usefull for testing.
9. Run the game!
HELP! THE GAME CRASHES WHEN I LAUNCH IT AFTER CREATING MY OWN ROCKET!
Sorry, I should have added proper mistake-detection.
You did something wrong, like giving red a value of "any_nonnumber_here"
Fix it by deleting the Skyrockets folder (see step 2).
Run the game, a new folder will be created.
Actually, for all your glitch/crash problems, just delete that folder. The mod will create a new folder.
THE GAME GIVES A BLACK SCREEN AND I'M SURE I DELETED THE META-INF FOLDER!
It probably uses the same BlockID as one of your other mods (175), you can change the BlockID in the txt file: .minecraft/mods/Fireworks/BlockID.txt.
SOMETIMES THE FIREWORKS WORK, BUT SOMETIMES I GET SAVING CHUNKS!
Try using the automatic installer. I think something went wrong when you installed it. Could be because of the archive manager that you use (you should use 7zip), your operating system, or maybe it's just you.
Credits: Dark_destroyerxx for updating to 1.2.4
SanAndreasP for updating to 1.1.0
SanAndreasP for updating to 1.0.0
SanAndreasP for updating to 1.8.1
night_killer27 for updating to 1.7
Hydroo & SanAndreasP for updating to 1.6
Extrusion - for helping me with the renderdistance-problem.
_303 - for helping me with some other problems.
King Dedede - for the willow idea.
cybrbeast - for the crossette idea.
Andreas_H33 - for the crafting recipe.
This is the best picture I've seen so far. Have a higher res one? Oh, and try making one when the sun sets, that way they are not so dark. I'm trying to make them emit light, but thats a lot harder then it seems.
lol reinstalled ir like 10 times even with some guides and extra loaders help but no, mod keeps saying:
Im sure my mod is more polite than that. I forgot to say you have to remove the Meta-Inf folder. Also, are you sure you have modloader installed? Send me an pm with your email/msn if you want direct help.