Open it with WinRar, mark all the contents inside of it and copy them. Then go to your .minecraft folder and locate folder "versions". In there you may see more than one folder, open 1.8.1. You should see two files inside 1.8.1.jar and 1.8.1.json. Open 1.8.1.jar with WinRar and delete META-INF folder inside. Then paste what you have copied from EllianDetector.jar into 1.8.1.jar.
That should do it. If it doesn't work make sure you use the 1.8.1 version of the game in your Minecraft Launcher. Press Edit Profile and near "Use version" pick 1.8.1 and Save Profile.
Versions of the mod for all the previous Minecraft version in the older versions section.
This mod is a a material detector. Its features are:
- show the surrounding material at your level/height map
- indicate (far or not far) a given material with a direction to dig for
The detector shows also the other materials that are in the list (see FAQ for more information) and not only the selected material.
Only the blocks that are 2 blocks deep or 2 blocks above are shown.
This way, while searching for iron, you can easily found coal.
The water and lava is also displayed using this mechanism in order to avoid to dig into lava directly
Warning: As it can be used to dig very easily some rare materials, it can be consider as a CHEAT.
This mod is compatible with the latest release of Mod loader or with Minecraft Forge (the one corresponding to the latest release of minecraft).
Detector in horizontal mode: (current material selected is diamond)
In the detector screen, you can see some arrows, it will indicate the way to dig (up or down).
Two arrows mean that the material is more than 10 blocks away.
Detector in vertical mode: (used to display caves before digging straight down)
Before posting a question be sure to have read all this FAQ:
Is it compatible with other mods ?
If you are using Mod Loader or MineForge, it is compatible with any other mod.
How to add other materials to the material detector ?
Use the menu triggered with the V (default value) key.
What is the block id ?
The block id is equal to the minecraft integer value of a block.
The list can be found here.
For the customized blocks with an id equals to 251:1 for example, you need to set the 1 in the sub type field.
What is the key to change the zoom level ?
Use the B (default value) key to change zoom level.
What is the key to change the material to detect ?
Use the N (default value) key to change the material to detect.
How can I switch between the filtered distance or with not filtered distance ?
You can change this option in the menu.
How do i hide the detector ?
You can disable the detector in the menu.
Does it work in SMP ?
How do I install this mod ?
There are multiple ways to install this mod so I will not detailed everything here.
Is it compatible with Mac ?
Yes, it works whatever the platform PC, Mac or Linux.
Will it be turned into a minimap mod ?
No, it is not the aim of this mod. This mod is designed only to detect materials not to have a look at all the world and put waypoints to retrieve your house or whatever.
How do i change the size of the minimap ?
You can change the size of the detector in the menu.
The detector map is not really nice, will the design be improved ?
No the design will not be improved, Minecraft is a block game, so is the material detector.
The block size is depending of the zoom level.
What do I do with the META-INF folder ?
This folder is created by my developing tool, you don't have to delete it, it is not blocking the execution of Minecraft.
Is it possible to change the blocks colors ?
Yes, you can change the block colors directly in the menu or by editing the materialsColours.txt file in the .minecraft/config folder. The colors are in the hexadecimal format.
Is it possible to change the default key mapping ?
Yes, you can change the key mapping in the menu
Can we change the color of the arrows ?
No it is not planned.
How do I set the position of the detector ?
You can change the position of the detector in the menu.
The available position are RIGHT_MIDDLE, RIGHT_TOP, RIGHT_BOTTOM, LEFT_MIDDLE, LEFT_TOP, LEFT_BOTTOM, CENTER_TOP.
How can I report a bug ?
To report a bug, please provide the execution logs. You can use MCP to launch Minecraft and retrieve the execution logs.
Don't hesitate to post concerning: your tests, your feedbacks, your ideas, your bugs.
- Thanks a lot to Lahwran and Zan for the zan minimap mod who inspired me and is the source mod of this mod
- Greeting to Professor who has contributed to update this mod to 1.6 (via a donation)
- Thanks to MrWhite2 who has helped me improve this mod with very good ideas and has helped a lot of players on the forum to successfully install it
- Thanks to vdeloso which contributed through a donation, the version compatible with the 1.8 will be done ASAP
- Thanks to Zirca which contributed through a donation after the release of the 1.8.1
- Thanks to highsteve who is helping me debugging the mod
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.12.2 with forge forge-1.12.2-188.8.131.522
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.7.2
- Help in the menu
- Increased detection perimeter to use the mod as a mini map while the other mini map mods are not released yet
- material sub type are not working (will need a lot of investigation)
- Multithreading for the map calculation
- Latest versionfor Minecraft 1.6.4
- Minor fixes
- Possibility to disable material detecting (except dangerous ones) to increase performance and use the detector as a minimap
- Latest version compatible with Minecraft 1.5.1
- Fix for the memory and performance issue
- New feature in the memu: scan size option
If you have a powerfull computer and that you accept to have some lag, you can increase the size of the scanning
each time that the menu is displayed it clears the cache to avoid memory issues
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.5.1
- Rendering issue solved
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.5
- Possibility to configure the config folder using an environment variable "ELLIAN_CONFIG"
(if the environment variable is not defined the config folder of the .minecraft folder is used be default)
- New menu to configure the keys directly from the game
- Configuration files moved to .minecraft/config folder (but they don't need anymore to be edited directly)
- Possibility to configure the material color directly from the menu or in the materialsColours.txt file
- Possibility to set a sub type value to search for a material with an id containing a colon (for example: 242:5 for copper)
- Fix in the management of the disabled material
- Latest version compatible with Minecraft 1.4.7
- Fix the issue while adding a material
- Fix the nullpointerissue when removing a material from the menu
- Set the color of the emerald by default
- Latest version compatible with Minecraft 1.3.1
- Fix issue of the material menu
- Add the possibility to disable a material is the configuration files using the character #
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.3.1
- Known issues: the material menu is not working anymore, please use the setting file to update your material list
- Make loading of the color block more robust
- Fix bigger setting (the map can be resize for bigger screen)
- Add multithreading for map calculation
- Fix key press issue to avoid to change material multiple times if the material is kept pressed
- Add uranium, titanium block color
- Add saving of the current in game settings and reloading them at launch
- Add property to position the detector were you want on the screen
- Remove bigger feature as it was bugged
- Refractor the mod to make it easier to update
- Fix the performance issue (the mod was calculating the map even if the player was not moving)
- Fix vertical mode display according to the direction of the player
- Add possibility to display the detector map in a vertical mode instead of an horizontal mode (using the H key to switch between the 2 modes)
Usefull to detect caves before digging straight down
- Compatibilty with minecraft 1.8.1
- Fix in case of object with a high data value
- Latest version compatible with 1.7.3: http://adf.ly/2l45X
- Compatibilty with minecraft 1.7.x
- Fix the fact that the detector was being shown in the menus
- Compatibilty with minecraft 1.6.6
- Fix previous bugs of version 1.13
Latest release compatible with minecraft 1.6: http://adf.ly/1yo9x
- Add a setting to display the detector bigger for the wide screens (just define the property Bigger=2 for example in the setting file)
- Release compatible with v1.5_01 of minecraft
- Create a standard EllianDetector.settings fileat startup if the file does not exist
- Add zoom level 1x (be careful when using this zoom level, it reduces a lot the FPS)
- Fix the material list issue (if diamond or iron are not defined in the settings they are not available in the material detector list)
- Latest release compatible with v1.4_01: http://dl.dropbox.co...tector-v1.8.jar
- Compatible with minecraft V1.4
- Possibility to change the blocks color through a setting file
- Increase arrow size to make them more visible on hight resolution screen
V1.6: (latest version compatible with minecraft 1.3_01)
- Enhance close material detection
- Remove letters to show the search material on the detector http://dl.dropbox.co...tector-v1.6.jar
- Compatibility with mod loader V5
- Change color of some blocks in order to see them better
- Remove heightmap feature who blurred the colors
- Add continuous lava detection to avoid to dig into lava while searching another material
Latest released compatible with mod loader V4: (no further development will be done using mod loader v4) http://dl.dropbox.co...tector-v1.4.jar
- Display only the blocks that are on the same level of the player and not anymore the floor of the map
- Add possibility to display or hide far materials (the ones that are more than a certain value deep) (Distance filter option trigger by key V by default)
- Improve the display of the location where there is a high density of material (for coal or iron for example)
- Add timer to the materials change key to avoid to switch too rapidly between materials
- Possibility to hide the detector mini map
- Display of the name of the current material above the detector map
[*** COPYRIGHT NOTICE ***]
This document is Copyright (2011) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
Note: I DO NOT grant redistribution rights to this mod to anyone that asks, whether that be for a mod-pack or whatever. Don't bother asking, as it won't happen.
Concerning your question on SMp, i have updated my post.
Concerning you question on the waypoints, i don't see the need.
The detector has a reduced view of the landscape and could not be used to navigate through the world.
If you want to use waypoints, you can still add the zan mini map.
If you think about something that i have miss, don't hesitate to reply back, i may included your evolution.
And maybe make it merge with the minimap mod? No offence but it looks kinda crappy with his mod and yours right next to each other. When i downloaded this i thought it required Zans minimap not just a replica with the features. If you could make it merge with his minimap that would be great.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
The winds of Anger blows out the lamp of Intelligence!