Actually f1gm3nt3d, it's even easier than that for most users; no need to manually open the command prompt at all.
1. Download daxnitro.zip (from the first post of this thread) and unzip it on your desktop
2. Open the daxnitro folder and double-click install.bat
3. When the command prompt window opens, type Y and press Enter
4. Wait for the patcher to finish, then press any key to close the command prompt window
5. Run minecraft. It should now be properly patched with Depth of Field!
The only reason this wouldn't work is if you have minecraft.jar installed somewhere other than the default location (almost no one does) or if you have an ATI graphics card. Otherwise, the above steps should work for almost anyone using Windows.
Wish I'd known that before guess that's what I get for not reading the readme. Also, it's ATI card on windows too, if I boot into OSX it works great for me.
@Zabor: It's pretty simple.
1. Download the Windows Zip file from the first page.
2. Extract that to a directory somewhere on your computer.
3. Click the Start Orb and type CMD in the Search box.
4. Navigate to the directory you unzipped the zip file to and type install.bat.
5. Open an explorer window and navigate to where your minecraft.jar file is. (Usually: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)
6. Copy and paste the path from the windows explorer navigation bar and go back to the command prompt.
7. type q double quote, your command prompt should be: c:\[DirectoryYouUnzippedTo]\install.bat "
8. Right click on the command window and choose paste, type minecraft.jar and another double quote, your command line should look like: c:\[DirectoryYouUnzippedTo]\install.bat "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar"
9. Press enter.
If you jet a missing java.exe error then the easiest solution is to install the JDK, you can also put the path to jar.exe in your environment variables in the path variable but I'm not going to get into how to do that, installing
the JDK should do it for you.
Sorry for the wall of text.
Sorry, for the wall of text x2, but im not the best in English, thats why I want a youtube video. And im pretty bad whit all this CMD stuff :sad.gif: I like mods where you only drag to minecraft.jar, but this mod looks so awsome :'(
How do I install this on ubuntu maverick? It's supposed to work on Linux but it says it can't find the jar after unzipping it.
Go to your home folder and hit CTRL+H It will cause the hidden files and folders (Including .minecraft) to be shown. Then All you should have to do is extract the mod to the .minecraft folder and run the install script.
Oh, I have to install the mod to the minecraft folder.
I thought you had to simply point it at the jar, thanks