losing direct control of a player character is a bad move unless its a cutseen which this wouldn't be.. the best consequences are the minor ones like hunger I during the night making you go through your food like crazy. and passive mobs running from you or in the case of villagers completely ignoring you. the best down sides are the ones that do minor changes that compound but are equal to the up sides.
the different werewolf types like cheekymouse posted would only make things complicated, why I suggested a branching tree instead of bit by werewolf type become werewolf type as a branching tree would make you want to stay alive and not lose the abilites seeing as minecraft is abit rogue like it makes sense to make the player get more powerfull as the nights go on but lose everything and need to get re infected once they die.
current concept for branching tree for werewolf player... if Drzhark doesn't make this some one else should.
stage I, infection
to access: get tier 2 golden apple eat it then get attacked by any werewolf gives 10% chance of contracting lycantrophy per hit.
stage II runt
to access: go 3 minecraft days with out curing lycantrophy
does: turns player into small werewolf and removes armor during night. gives strength 4 and 2 armor at night.
downs: passive mobs run, villagers will not trade during day and will run during night. can't use beds... can use dog mats(custom item works like 1.6 carpet only is made of bones and leather)
all stages have same down sides as lower stages + a new one some times.
stage III fledgling
to access: go 18 minecraft days as werewolf runt.
pack hunter: +hunger I at night, can howl (sneak) to summon wild wolves to help you attack also gain +8 armor during night.
to access: go 32 minecraft days as a stage III
choice: pure wolf(lone wolf tree)m and pack member
pure wolf: turned into werewolf permanently, run 2x normal speed and can jump 3 blocks high.
to access: go 100 minecraft days as stage IV
werewolf alpha: past stage abilities + the ability to bottle the curse (so if you die you can drink it again) to bottle the curse have a empty bottle and right click the air at night will put your blood in the bottle (will be called werewolf blood) to gain the lycantrophy from it put in brewing stand with nether wort then fermented spider eye to make extract of werewolf.
I understand its complicated =) I like your idea better im just DESPERATE for a mod with lycantrophy and since mo creatures werewolves came out ya know sorta hoped that it would be a player changer to but nope =(
what I ment by the fire, ice werewolf e.c.t was that the werewolf that bit you would be the werewolf you would become not all that horse breeding complicated stuff, no offense i love that feature but anyway the undead thing was more of a side idea
Mr Zhark this might be just my opinion, but 1. i dont like minecraft horses, so when 1.6 comes out we should be able to disable them, cause i like your horses waaay better 2. i dont like how the chests look on 1.6 i like how chests look on your horses better and 3. i dont like their armor, i like yours waay bettter so if you could have it so that everything would look the same as your mod, and not like 1.6 (i hope you understand what im saying) that would be suuuuuuuuper awesome!!!
I am currently trying to install mo creatures. I have Installed both the GuiAPI and the CustomMobSpawner but when every I play the Mo'Creature's zip into the mods folder I get a black screen. I thought I deleted the META-Inf folder. I'll double check right now.
Just Checked, Its not there. So what could be causing the black screen? Did I install Mo'Creature's incorrectly? The only other mods I have are Mod Loader and Plenty O Biomes.
5.1.2 - DEV version
- Added Tier 2 wyverns. (Undead, light, dark and mother) The mother wyvern spawns rarely in the wyvern lair. It has a 10% chance of dropping eggs that can be used to obtain a tamed mother wyvern.
essences are used on tamed mother wyverns to obtain the other tier 2 versions.
- Added new server command '/moc' which can adjust all options in MoCProperties.cfg without restarting
- Added biomes in GUI will now be placed alphabetically
- Added comments to config
- Finished overhaul of ogres, replaced models, textures and AI
- The spawn options for cave ogres and fire ogres is slightly different. New settings are added to the config: Fire Ogre Chance (chance of spawning a fire ogre in the surface of the overworld)
and Cave Ogre chance (chance of spawning a Cave ogre if the Y position is less than 50).
- Increased T2 Wyvern's size and speed
- Fixed issue with MoCreatures not spawning on custom blocks like the ones found in the Twilight forest dimension
- Fixed In-Game GUI not closing/operating correctly(F9 is default)
- Fixed indent issues with configs
- Fixed General Settings GUI option not saving correctly
- Fixed Reset to Defaults GUI option not properly restoring all settings
- Fixed Male Ostrich's showing incorrect chest name
- Biome Groups are now sorted in GUI
- Removed legacy Ogres
- Removed duplicate biomes from default biome groups and cleaned up code
- Removed timestamps from configs
DrZhark, 1. are you removing your mods standard horses / donkeys in 1.6 or not (PLEASE DONT) 2. Is the ogre lair done yet?
3. What are legacy ogres? and 4. are the new ogres with two heads stronger than the single headed ones? Thanks.