Episode 1 offered 15 puzzle chambers, all designed with the idea of putting "fun" over "challenging". While the map wasn't the hardest puzzle map ever made, it still made the players think enough to the point where solving a puzzle always resulted in a satisfying "a-ha!" moment. Over the past two years, the map has had over 30,000 downloads across both releases, and was played by YouTubers such as DanTDM, and TheWaffleGalaxy.
Now what does the sequel offer you may be wondering?
Episode 2 contains the following:
- 25 brand new chambers with even more interesting puzzle mechanics such as new effects, lasers, turbines, items, and more!
- A more complex story that explores more of the Kitatcho Laboratories over the span of six chapters!
- Dialogue that's fully voice acted!
- Hidden areas with journals written by the employees of the facility, giving you some secret backstory on what's been going on!
- More stuff that you'll just have to experience first-hand in the map when it comes out!
Here's a teaser trailer of the map, showing off our custom lasers!
And last but not least, here's some images of the map so far!
I recently played Episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the map had great presentation, was polished, fun, and engaging from start to finish, and the short length made it feel impactful-- the mechanics didn't have time to get stale and each chamber felt memorable and unique. I'm excited to where the mechanics and story go in Episode 2! I'm a big fan of the Portal games, so puzzle games in this sort of style are great to see!