Since the 1st of June i have been working on a map that revolves around a theme that has been for years my favourite hobby, and is soon also going to be my career path : the world of Cinema.
Having played through hundreds of maps, and after the atonishing experiences that were Selakyn and Across the Time, i decided to create a map that hopes to reach a similar level of quality, hence the release planned for... let's say in a while.
I beg your pardon for my eventual english mistakes, as it is not my first language, and would also like to mention that it will be my first map.
This post will be updated throughout the evlution of the map, and will be enhanced cause it's not really pretty right now.
You are a young adult living in a small village. For the past few months, a movie theatre has been in construction next to your home. Delighted by this new event, you decide to pay a visit to your friend Ellie, a cinema lover, to discuss about it. But upon arrival, Ellie is nowhere to be found...
The Film Maker is planned to be a CTM/Adventure type map, with each area being strongly inspired by a different movie each.
Based on the Super Mario 64 painting system, venture through the areas and collect tokens from each universe, trying to find your friend.
-Scenario is an important part and is still being written.-
Terraforming : 10 %
Building : 15 %
Scenario : 50 %
NPC / Quests : 5 %
Mobs / Spawners : 0 %
Redstone : 0 %
Custom loot / Loot table : 0 %
- Completely changed 3 of the areas due to their universes not being inspiring enough. Discarded themes were Inception, Lawrence of Arabia, and A Clockwork Orange.
The final areas will be kept secret until about 70% completion.
- Sneak peek of the very first building that's -almost- done : a stable.
- Improved the forum post's look.
You wake up to a beautiful day, not aware of the adventure that awaits you.
In progress screenshot of the Monument Area
In progress screenshot of one of the areas
As of screenshots, that's all for now !
I also have some questions for the community, to improve the quality of the map.
What are you looking for in an adventure map ?
What are your thoughts on the building, and how may I improve them ?
Thank you for your feedback, and i'll see you in a few weeks for the next changelog !
Construction is going slowly, but well ! I must admit that i'm not a very experienced builder, and as i want to achieve great looks for the map, it's obviously taking a long time. Here are this month's progress and some screenshots.
Thank you for your support, see you soon !
- Discarded old 1st area terraforming. New one is complete and the buildings are under construction.
- Starting area building is done. Still missing lore and gameplay mechanics.
- Scenario going towars ful completion soon !
- Turned smooth lighting on for better screenshots
- 2nd area terraforming is done.
- Taking baby steps with Cutscene Pro to provide good cinematics. Thanks rabidgoodra27 for the suggestion !
I love to work on this one ! 2nd zone starting house.