My goal with this map is to create an interesting, enjoyable, MMO style adventure map from one of my favorite games of the Legend of Zelda series.
Currently I'm only working on the Light World of a Link to the Past, the Dark World may come at a later time. there will be the main three dungeons from the light world [Eastern Palace, Desert Palace, Tower of Hera] along with all the little secrets here and there throughout the map, those familiar with the game will probably enjoy roaming and looking for loot.
I want to recreate one of my favorite games, but at the same time change it up a little. The map is being made with solo/multiplayer in mind, and hopefully I will be able to get a server going when basic mechanics are up and running and gather a few people to run a couple tests and expand from there.
I uploaded the latest version of the map if people want to check it out.
- Death Mountain
- Tower of Hera
• Fix a handful of hiccups around the map
• Progress made on death mountain. Nearing completion
• Fix a handful of small hiccups around the map
- Hyrule Castle
- Desert Palace
• Quality/Continuity pass on;
- Eastern Palace
• Smoothed out border of map more
• Cleaned up edges of map
- Lake Hylia
- Desert of Mystery
- Great Swamp
- Lost Woods
• Quality/Continuity pass completed across the entire map on;
- Small rooms
• Cleaned up thread page a bit
• Detailed more of the map
• Completed various mechanics for dungeons
• Detailed a number of areas around the border of the map
• Completed detailing and approved "Finished" for the time being on:
- Zora's Waterfall
• Completed detailing and approved "finished" for the time being on the following locations;
- Kakariko Village
- Eastern Palace Dungeon
Took a few screenshots with shaders on to see what it would look like.
The Map size is approximately 1200 x 1100 blocks [Could be considered small, yes, though it feels larger] Some of the Dungeons run past that size barrier under the ground.
As of 12/8/16 building of the map itself is now technically "complete", however, there are still a number of smaller things on my list to revisit and check up on. I'll roam the map and clean up anything I see, when I have time.
- I will update this page as I have more time to do so.
- If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or questions they'ed like to throw out you're more than welcome to do so.
EDIT: i gave a look at those pictures and wondering how much time you spen into this
A year and a half or so? it's been on and off, took a break for several months a while back and after 1.8 was released I saw potential for a full on map with all the new commands from the command blocks, so I started up again.
In hours. Probably around 130-160 or so.
EDIT; Thinking back, yeah.. I've put far more than 160 hours into this build, more towards the 300~ mark I'd say.
Bumping the thread so people can see it. It's technically "finishd" in terms of the overall building of the map and dungeons (mechanics aren't in yet), but I'd like to spend another week or so detailing the environment a bit here and there.
Not sure if anyone is interested in using the map or not, but I could throw up a MC realms server with it on there if people wanted to see it.
EDIT: I uploaded the latest version of the map for people to check it out if they would like to.