Can't find any answer too this but I have a few questions regarding MCedit.
1. How do I export/import/cut/paste my selection? I can select my chunks without problem but when I try to export it it turns my selection into a rectangle of stuff I don't need. Is this as limitation of MCEdit? Can I cut and paste by the block?
2. I made a blank map of just ocean. However when I place my exported chunks it still labels my continent as ocean (according to JourneyMap) even though the chunks are in fact Forest/desert/ect. What kind of consequences can I expect when the biomes are broken? Will it never snow in the mountains since it is ocean? Will temperatures stay teh same?
3. What is the largest chunk schematic have you successfully worked with? I found anything over 2400 seems to crash MCEdit. However I been able to repop 12k+ chunks at a time.
4. What is the best editor for fixing up edges? Because I was unable to select what I wanted for importing, I have a lot of square edges.
1. You simply fly to one corner of your selection, fly to the other, adjust the blue and yellow corners with the two nudge buttons, and then do whatever. If you mean select by block, if you hold right click (i think) you can select blocks a certain distance from your camera. Then do whatever. MCEdit is indeed limited to its selections being square.
2. I believe there's an MCEdit filter somewhere out there that can change the biome of a selection. Idk, do some googling.
4. MCEdit cannot terraform unfortunately. If you want to smooth out rough edges though, I recommend you download the WorldEdit mod and use the "//brush smooth".
WorldEdit is both a bukkit multiplayer mod and a Forge mod. Right now there's no updated forge version for 1.10 so if you wanna use world edit you have to go back to 1.9. But if you can, I highly recommend you do because it saves you a lot of headaches.