Blocked In is a new survival map designed for Singleplayer, but works with Multiplayer as long as players start together at the same time (No new players after map has started). In this map, you spawn on a small island surrounded by a 100 block wide world border. You're enclosed and see other islands nearby, past the world border (WB). The aim is simple, expand the world and maintain a sustainable living. If you expand enough you will manage to reach new lands and explore. Different "events" affect the world border. The most important one being that every 1/2 a heart of damage you take, the WB decreases by 1 block. There are however, positive events that the player can do in order to expand the WB. Some events can be toggled at the start, but they are all on by default. All of them are explained below:
Events that affect the World Border Size
- Every 1/2 heart of damage you take, the WB decreases by 1 block.
- Every death decreases the WB by 10 blocks.
- Every fire started through the use of a flint and steel decreases the WB by 2 blocks.
- Every time you eat rotten flesh, the WB decreases by 3 blocks.
- Every time you kill a Player, the WB decreases by 5 blocks.
- Every time you find "junk" while fishing, the WB decreases by 12 blocks.
- Every day, the WB decreases by 1 block.
- Every time you kill a Creeper, the WB increases by 4 blocks.
- Every time you kill an Enderman, the WB increases by 8 blocks.
- Every time you kill a Witch, the WB increases by 10 blocks.
- Every time you catch a fish, the WB increases by 1 block.
- Every time you craft a golden apple, the WB increases by 20 blocks.
- Every time you find treasure while fishing, the WB increases by 9 blocks.
Note: Some of these values may be subjected to change and new events may be added.
Singleplayer Instructions: Download the zip file. Open it up and inside there is a folder. Drag that folder to your saves folder in the .minecraft directory. (Might be worth making a copy so you can play the map again from the start later)
Multiplayer Instructions: Download the zip file. Open it up and inside there is a folder. Drag that folder to your server directory and rename the folder to "world" or whatever is set as your level-name= in the server.properties. Also make sure that in the server.properties, enable-command-block is set to TRUE and gamemode is set to 2.
Screenshots, Gifs and Videos
Starting room with switches for most events and options for difficulty.
The starting island with the 100 block wide border
The alert message that is displayed every morning and evening.
A gif of how taking damage decreases the size of the World Border
Great map so far, I'm up to iron tools. Perhaps you could add some things like custom dungeons to the map (if you haven't already).
The map is nearly completely as it was when I found it. We placed a few trees and stuff but that was about it. To my surprise there is actually a dungeon somewhere within the starting area. A certain death trap for those ill prepared!