The concept: A PvP map with more gameplay elements than just fast clicking and bow accuracy.
Preliminary planning: I like the Hypixel server's mini-game mode. I like PvP events that aren't just a Deathmatch. How can I combine the two ideas?
- I can't just make a mini-game server with only PvP games, that's been done before.
- I can however combine a PvP map with mini-games, but how?
- Hmmm... SethBling made a Super Smash Bros. map...
- Then it clicked. WarioWare.
- But... how? Control points.
The implementation: I need a way to have fun and diverse gameplay that isn't too chaotic, but at the same time able to change whenever.
- Control points. Entering an enemy's control point for a few seconds will activate a mini-game.
- Winning a mini-game will convert the control point to the winning team's control.
- There will be team based mini-games, and player based.
- The team based games will have a cumulative objective, player based will be based on one player's score. Duh.
- The mini-games will be completely random, hopefully. /clone is gonna be great.
- That's all I've got definitely for the moment. Feel free to suggest ideas!
The "maybe"s: These are just some things that are questionable in execution, and miiiight be fun. Who knows?
- There will be a few control points, and a main "end-game" control point.
- The end-game control point would be always accessible, but only capturable when one team has either:
- Reached a set amount of mini-game wins or
- Controls a majority of the capture points.
- I'm thinking of maybe having a Wither renamed to act as a "tower" type thing to destroy.
- I think I can use commands to apply damage to the Wither. Or I can just have the players damage the Wither themselves...
- /gamerule mobGriefing false
- Each team will be awarded points(?) to purchase enchantments or something like that. Not too sure on that yet.
- When the "tower" is destroyed, the team with the most mini-game wins, well, wins!
The problems: I'll fix it.
- Inventory. Players will be creating tools. What about if they don't have inventory space? What if I need to give a player a custom bow, for example, for a mini-game? I can't think of a way to transfer the player's inventory to a chest or anything. I could fix this by giving them set tools, but I don't want to do that.
- Teleportation. What if a player is in a heated battle, and a mini-game is active? Should I try to teleport them back to where they were, or just to their spawn point?
- Give me some solutons, please!
The technical details: I will be hopefully using the newest snapshots to do a few things.
- Avoiding "spawn tubes". You can now use command blocks to check for items, and apply armor, and all that! 1.8 is awesome.
- Titles. If you're familiar with the WarioWare games, it will give you a simple, usually one word objective. Yeah, it'll be cool.
TLDR; Think Super Smash Bros. Brawl's WarioWare Inc. level ( ) combined with Calamity ( )
Also, writing this gave me goosebumps. I'm ready to do this.
EDIT 1: I forgot to explain how players will be obtaining weapons and tools. The map will have cobweb trees for string and wood. No saplings, so plan wisely! You can win ores and stuff from mini-games. Maybe not WIN, but FIND?