Welcome to the CTM Community thread. Here, you can find map reviews, schematic downloads, and a place to promote your own map and chat among others of the CTM genre that we've all come to know and love have a love / hate relationship over these past few years. This is still WIP, and it is, of course, the 4th rendition of the whole CTM Central thing.
News: Thread is now up and running! In the coming weeks, I'll be working on getting reviews up, and get to listing more and more maps. Reviews will work a little differently now -- rather than short reviews for entire map series by multiple people, I'll be writing an in-depth review of every map. I might deviate to more reviewers in time, we'll see. Seeing how inactive reviewers on Isaac's thread ended up being makes me hesitant to take that route. As I have more free time, I can devote more time to playing maps. Along with keeping up with the thread, mind you. ;P
Thread is in a maybe weeklong tiny hiatus, I'm being swamped by beta testing. I am still here though, and I love you like a female victim loves her rapist.
- Regular CTM maps: Everyone's favorite, classic CTM map.
- Mini CTM maps: Smaller, usually with only a limited number of wool, and sometimes rather difficult.
- Unique CTM maps: Hybrid or otherwise out-of-the-ordinary maps, like Kerblahh's Twisted Logic, Three_Two's Vinyl Fantasy, and Amehtta's Blue Sky Labs are nice examples.
- Legacy maps: These are older, outdated maps meant to be played with certain version(s).
- CTM training maps: Everyone needs training. These are where you go.
- Race for Wool (RFW) maps: The Race is on to be the first to complete your monument! Multiplayer.
- Suggestions vs. Rules (S vs. R) maps: These are uncommon. They have suggestions instead of rules (i.e. Super Docile.)
- Capture the Wool (CTW) maps: Take wool from the enemy's base and bring it back to your monument. im in ur baes, takin ur woolz. Multiplayer.
- Rescue the Animals (RTA) maps: Pioneered by Vechs and refined by timetoslide, these maps involve the player making a path back to the Victory Pen (or such like that) to deposit animals or otherwise.
- Collaboration maps: Including maps like Pantheon, to From Ashes, to The Ancient Catacombs, these maps are made through the combined efforts of more than one person.
- Mod Dependent maps: Very rare, but sometimes, maps are made with mods. It's not the most common thing, but it does happen.
- Holiday maps: I consider these to be separate from Mini CTM maps, because they're centered around a somewhat common theme - a specific holiday!
-- Final List (for review tagging): CTM, MiniCTM, uCTM, LegaCTM, TrainCTM, RFW, S vs. R, CTW, RTA, CollabCTM, ModCTM, HolidayCTM.
Uncharted Territory 3 -- AnotherMinecraftLP (Also, Amlup absolutely likes being asked how UT3 is coming)
Pathfinder Elemental 2 -- ColdFusionGaming
Septum Immoriel -- Fangride
Blue Sky Labs #0: Experimental Encounter -- Amehtta
Lonely Lands #1: Darkbright Caverns, Lonely Lands #2: Lush Skies, LL Minimap #2: Grim Ghast Grotto -- isaac_bardin
Twisted Logic #3: Beneath the 3 Peaks -- Kerblahh
Desolate Dreamscape -- kaider
From Flames -- piecia997
Tenebrous Tales 2 (codenamed SAAV) -- Thadiwyn
Insane Terrain 3: Temerity -- Redstone_Fanatic
Vinyl Fantasy 3 -- three_two
Syncquential -- Xekaj
Super Hostile #5: Black Desert 3, Super Hostile #6: Canopy Carnage 2, Super Hostile #12: Inferno Mines, Super Hostile #13 -- Vechs
Aima Caves -- VittoProductions
Dreadsky Isles -- dragonsrule9
Dark Volcanoes -- _Tech_e_Coyote
Rugged Horizons 2, Alana's Revolt -- AimoSkeeto
Speluncaphobia, Deluge. -- Apollo9898
Catastrophe Desert, The Wither's Shadow -- Brentcolby
Uncharted Mines -- Domara
Black Flag Frigate, Somewhere Orge The Rainbow, Ferrocious Foundry, Wraithly Wrealm -- Hass_Harley
-unnamed- -- jvample
-unnamed- -- Nicomang070
-unnamed- -- TheFacetiousFolk
-unnamed -- Limitless
Shadow of Fear 01 -- YuriKahn
Frigid Wasteland -- com572
To-Do List for the thread
- Finish up the OP.
- Start getting a defined list of map series down on the second post
- Write up the reviews templates and start reviewing on the third post
- Schematic hunting for the fourth post
- Notify everyone that the fifth post has no current use (Tl;dr the fifth post is just incase of lolidk.) [represent]
Edit: Wows, this thread is definitely moving quickly. That's quite a huge list of maps you have there. :3
Also, I can not wait to see the list of reviews that will go up, and the collection of schematics for us to use as well!