Hello everyone recently I have fallen in love with M&BW (Mount and Blade Warband) if you don't know what it is go here: http://www.taleworlds.com/
Well I was thinking yesterday afternoon about me trying to make a mod implemented into the amazing world of minecraft which was something along the lines of [Mount & Blade Warband]. =)
Of course it would take alot of time and effort into this here's what I was thinking of implementing:
- A whole new map and travelling system just like M&BW.
- New troops, Armour, Weapons.
- Try and simulate it to make it more strategy like M&BW.
- Different AI.
- A whole new leveling system.
- Add Towns, Castles, Villages.
- Being able to Plunder them.
- Being able to move around on the map and somehow enter the battle (switching screens).
- New enemies e.g Bandits, Sea Raiders.
- Huge battles up to 100 men 50 V 50.
- A whole different battle system [somewhat under the lines of M&BW].
- Being able to command your troops in the battle like M&BW e.g [making them hold there position].
- Different music.
- Different voices.
- Drawing the map every troop, armour, weapons and everything else.
- Being able to become your own king.
- A money system.
- Being able to calculate from the exp you have to how much you need until the next level.
- putting money on all the armour, troops, weapons etc...
- Being able to garrison men into Castle's/Towns.
- Factions such as Nords, Vaegirs, Khergits etc... maybe even adding some more?
- Being able to speed up time on the map.
- Adding different textures to make it somewhat like M&BW
- THE MOST IMPORTANT KEEPING IT MINECRAFT LIKE FOR E.G KEEPING THE WEAPONS, ARMOUR, TROOPS CASTLES, CITIES, VILLAGES BLOCKY LIKE, AND EVERYTHING ELSE ONCE YOU ENTER A BATTLE. DUNNO ABOUT THE MAP THOUGH.
- Pretty much summing it up add everything in M&BW to Minecraft But keeping it as we all love Minecraft BLOCKY
BTW I HAVENT STARTED ANYTHING ON THIS MOD YET.
Kk so I summed it up on what i'll try too add but not sure if its possible to do? for example making a map and travelling, switching screens from battle too map, city, castle, village.
Well if you think this is a good IDEA comment post whatever you think, ideas, features, AND EVEN IF ITS POSSIBLE.
It'll be nice if I can pull this off if its possible.
PLEASE POST/COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT.
just saying everything sounds good except for the different moving system. i think both to make it easier to code and in my opinion keep it minecraft style fun you should keep the first person/third person view (whichever you play on) instead of having a top down map for travelling. but have a little mini map with waypoints showing where each place is (for this you should also have a button that opens up a full map as well). also make it a different gametype/maptype (e.g. where you can choose superflat, large bioms, default etc.) and make it so that the world can only be destroyed during combat.