The Legend of Demons is an adventure map made for 1.8. It focuses less on puzzle elements in favour of power and tactics. Your character has recently moved from the big city to a countryside full of good and evil medieval re-enactors alike. Are you strong enough to gather all 8 orbs and defeat the Demon King? It's not a quest for the faint of heart.
* 3 different character classes that all play differently from each other
* Upgrade system to mix and match abilities
* Massive open world with tons of secrets
* Over 100 unique types of enemies
* 8 deadly fortresses
* 8 deadly bosses
* Bestiary system to read up on your foes
* 11 tough training rooms
* A few plot twists and turns
The resource pack doesn't change too much, it just adds a few new songs into the game.
1. Go to the Dropbox page.
2. Click "Download".
3. Download the .zip file.
4. Open the .zip file, and extract it into your Minecraft saves folder.
5. Have fun!
* Minecraft Forge (no duh)
* CustomNPCs 1.8 (required for the map to work)
* TooMuchTNT 1.8 (required for some events to work)
* CraftableAnimals 1.8 (required for a few items/1 boss)
* Xaero's Minimap 1.8 (excellent minimap mod, check it out here)
* Remember to take your time. Don't go all weapons-a-blazing into a Fortress unless you're absolutely sure you can do it.
* Drink your potions, they can really make or break a fight.
* You will die, and you will probably die a lot. This is normal.
* Don't be worried if you seem to be going nowhere fast as a Mage — this is normal. The Mage is pitifully weak at first and only starts to get powerful later on.
* If you're having trouble, grab a Bestiary and look at it! You might just discover something incredible.
* Leave nowhere in front or behind of a Fortress untouched. I typically don't put secrets off to the sides...
* Make sure to pace yourself. If you've just cleared out the first floor of a Fortress, don't instantly go to the second floor to get mobbed by Spooky Scary Skeletons and chopped in half by a Highwayman/Bowwayman combo. Wait for your health to regenerate.
* If you play the map, let me know! Tell me how much you hated it, and what I can do to improve it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I found a glitch, what do I do?
A. Let me know! How else can I fix it if I don't know about it?
Q. A plot-critical NPC isn't there!
A. Try exiting the map and going back in, that should fix it.
Q. I just made the game unwinnable!
A. Make sure to PM me so I can assess the situation, see if it's really unwinnable, and fix it if it is. In the meantime, feel free to /gamemode 1 yourself to safety.
Q. Why is this map so hard?
A. This map was originally intended as a joke project on the side, but quickly became its own creature entirely. That's why it gets more serious (and crazy hard) at the end.