[Skyblock] Infinite is a Survival skyblock map with a difference. Every block attainable in Survival is renewable! From Dragon Eggs to Sand. Not through quests or shops but via vanilla style mechanisms, testing your ability to build unique functional contraptions. Ideal for an technical player. Automate all the things!
Complete with an artificial Witch hut, Ocean Monument and Nether Fortress.
Intended way to play
The intended way to play is on Hard difficulty without cheats. But in the end it is all up to you. It is more important to have FUN! then !FUN!
Build all the farms! Automatically farm all your resources using quirky Minecraft contraptions. Got to farm them all!
The spawn chunks are located at spawn. There is a chunk loader with the End Portal frames (N.B. Use targets for /kill command as it can break the chunk loader otherwise). The command block location is 5000 0 5000
A couple of warnings before you start playing;
1) Whilst in most maps AFK makes things easier in this map it is an essential requirement for your sanity. Do not download if not prepared to AFK!
2) This map is designed for technical Minecraft players in mind and as such it is almost a requirement for players to make lots (and lots) of different automated farms. If you don't like the technical elements of Minecraft this map probably isn't the map for you.
3) It is advised that players have some previous experience with original Skyblock as this map is significantly more difficult.
This is my first uploaded Minecraft map, so any advice concerning the map (as well as this thread) would be greatly appreciated.
Made this map because this style of map is something that I really love playing, a Skyblock map with all resources attainable. Have done this a variety of ways in the past (mostly with villagers) but nothing really upload worthy. Hope you will enjoy playing this map as much as I do!
Please post your screenshots! Would love to see how people solve the problems that this map creates!
Hints and Tips
1. Water in Minecraft is weird.
2. Did you know that flowing water (and chests) are able to update blocks?
2. Wooden blocks (such as a chest) don't burn under lava. Yeah doesn't make sense to me either!
3. Infinite dirt? Just add gravel!
4. AFKable cobble generator, what a helpful Witch!
5. Who knew curing a Zombie could be such hard work? Maybe I should;
a) Get help from a friendly Witch. Wonder if throwing Poison is a traditional greeting?
Go fishing. Who knows, might be able to catch a super intelligent gold fish to help.
6. Where did this villager come from? And what is a sandwich?
7. Its just a poppy farm!
8. Did you know you can convert red sand into regular sand?
For more information for large download size see spoiler below;
Due to a bug in Minecraft, boundary box (BB) spawning such as in Ocean Monuments, Witch Hut and Nether Fortresses do not take place in flat worlds, despite the BB being present. As such this map has normal world generation with an artificial void, which takes a significant amount of space. It also doesn't help that Ocean Monuments are able to spawn in the void, which leads to removal via MCEdit, which decreases the level of compression attainable.
Previous upload was 47mb! Which was significantly too large. As such the map has been extensively pruned to get it under 20mb. If you wish for more map size it is easy to accomplish with MCEdit, just create flatworld chunks with 0 height.
Skylinerw - For your help through your guides and by answering my questions. Doubt I would of been able to build this without your help.
KnightMiner- By posting an article on a command with falling anvils. Gave me the idea to build this in the first place!
Probably could of but it would of taken away some of the challenge, when I was play testing had a blast working out the best way to accomplish the intro. If it is too annoying for other people will probably add an extra layer of sand to prevent the block update from the chest.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Do you love Skyblock maps. Try [Skyblock] Infinite!
All items are renewable, with artificial structures (Witch hut, Ocean monument and a Nether Fortress).
- Streamlined anvil command line. Previously had issues with bouncing anvils (wouldn't recognise any anvils that have been bounced or passed through a non-solid block except for air) and with multiple anvils falling at greatly different times (Would skip over one of the options)
- Weird bug with breaking blocks that give entities over blocks that interact with the anvil system. Seems to recognise the newly created entity as an anvil for a tick which leads to crushing the block. Kind of interesting when working with cobblestone and don't understand why it occurs so just decided to keep it and declare it a "feature"
- Streamlined villager Secretkeeper command. Had trouble with lag with a huge villager count (eg. a Iron Foundry) when combined with other lag inducing devices (redstone machinery, void waterfalls, etc).
On another note. My world is coming along great (despite my intermittent play), might upload some pics to show what you can do with this map (once I pretty it up a bit of course!).