The Corruption Series is a series of CTM maps, short for Complete the Monument maps, in which your objective is to collect a series of wool blocks from adventurous dungeons and hostile environments. You live in my world now. Now, fortunately, I tend to make easier maps. Either that or it may just be my Canadian roots that make me really nice. But forget all that, I hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy my maps.
2. Find wool for the Monument in chests. Do not use sheep, dyes, or wool made from string.
3. You must use at least Easy Difficulty or higher. Peaceful is not allowed.
4. Survive in any way you can think of. Craft items, place blocks, break blocks, do what you need to survive.
5. Do not leave the map borders (Go up to the ceiling if it is open.)
6. You may use wool from other sources to make beds, paintings, carpets, etc.
7. Have fun! (Yes, that is a rule. C: )
On some special occasions, I may add some exceptions to these basic rules, when it comes to special maps, such as minimaps that use gimmicks and to some maps that may not be based on the rules of a regular CTM.
Those rules above have standed the test of time since the beginning of CTM. But now, there are some additional rules to be had now that there have been some upgrades to the engine.
8. If an ender chest is to be provided in the map, it will be specified at the beginning, and you are not allowed to place, break or craft your own enderchests.
9. If a nether portal is to be used as part of the map, you will be notified and are not allowed to make your own nether portal.
10. It is preferred that you do not brew invisibility potions. If it becomes a problem, I can always implement a system to make sure it doesn't happen.
Any other map-specific rules that apply to the map will usually be written into a book called "Additional Rules" and included on the rule board at the beginning of the map.
Open World: Usually takes place on an island or in a vast world, and gives the player the freedom to enter whatever dungeon they please.
Linear Branching: Usually takes place on sky islands or underground, and is structured in "intersections" which progresses the player gradually up the difficulty scale.
Linear: Takes you on a simple straight path through the map, you can deviate from the path to get bonus items, but the general path is simply straight.
Easy: Easy is for beginners of the genre. For veterans of the genre, it might feel easier than another mapmakers' easy. This difficulty level may be a challenge, but there is lots of recovery options, and I take it easy.
Normal: Normal is a base difficulty for most of my CTMs. Normal amount of loot, and a bit of a challenge to get through the map.
Hard: Uppermost difficulty for my maps. Less loot, more spawners, less forgiveness. Expect less sympathy. (But no matter how hard I may try, my nice Canadian roots might show up.)
This is the map section of this thread. This is where you will find all the maps I have created.
Status: In development
Version: Working on in 1.7.2, but plan for 1.8+
Map Type: Linear-Branching
Corruption #01 - Forgotten is the first full map of the series, still in development. This has gone through many renditions, and the current rendition is being worked on. Albeit, the map is at a slow pace, but it is still in development and it is still coming along.
Status: Released; V1.1
Map Type: Linear Branching
Recovery #01 - Look For The Light is the first map in a new series I have started, in a series of minimaps. This is the first map I released, in response to the Strawberry Jam CTM Jam. The Strawberry CTM Jam is a 72 hour CTM minimap challenge, in which mapmakers are challenged to make a 3-objective CTM minimap. With this jam, #06, the theme was traps and trolls. I went with a more gimmicky approach. Enjoy, and remember, when you are lost in the darkness, look for the light.
Recovery #02 - The Aftermath is another minimap made in the Recovery series of minimaps, in response to the Strawberry Jam CTM Jam. With this jam, Jam #10, the theme was "Apocalypse". I decided to base my map on the backstory of the popular adventure map: Cube Inc. Thank you for playing, and enjoy.
Special thanks go to some of the following people who have made me, and my maps, so much better.
- Aimoskeeto, a friend who left a mark on me for her kindness and great attention to detail.
- Infinity8miner, a friend who was there to let me talk when I needed it, and gave me some great ideas.
- Rubisk, for his wonderful knowledge of redstone and command blocks, and teaching me figure out my own systems.
- Sparks and Accidental Games, for their wonderful series of command block modules, Gamemode 4.
- The entire CTM Community. Without you guys, I wouldn't be making CTM maps. C:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MAP (MAPS, plural) - Data that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove game content. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MAP. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MAP despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the map, person installing the map.
THESE MAPS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THESE MAPS TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THESE MAPS. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE MAPS FALL ON THE USER.
Use of these MAPS to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
These MAPS may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of these MAPS must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of these MAPS (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
These MAPS are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these MAPS require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.