So Original, It can be played in Minecraft Alpha.*
Inferno is a unique, survival games style minigame in which 24 people aim to kill each other and be the only survivor. The big twist is, there are no swords, bows, armor, or even potions. All you have to defend yourself is a bucket of lava. And if that’s not enough, there’s another twist. The entire arena is just a huge glass dome, with the 24 players each stuck in their own 2-by-1 hole, arranged in a circle, in the middle of the dome. So, you ask, how exact is this played? The players are given the power to break the glass, making tunnels in any direction they so choose. And, as if that wasn’t enough, in the center, a little prize awaits whoever is daring enough to go for it. All in all, a game of pure killing, yet also a game of cunning and strategy, as running into things won’t work as well as simply devising traps. Ultimately, it’s up to you. What is your plan to emerge victorious? Anything is possible in the game, and the possibilities are endless.
This thread was made for the overall concept of the minigame Inferno. It is not meant for only the map of Inferno, but the whole of the minigame itself. As of right now, there is only one map of this minigame out, and it is a simple basic without anything overly special about it. Appropriately, it has now been named Glassic. I did notice it was slightly bland, so I added a couple of fun, and in my opinion, hilarious parts to the intro area, and hope that these add-ons bring a smile to your face (Don’t worry; none of the player spots will affect anything in game). I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve as well, so expect new, ingenuitive maps coming up soon. I would love some reviews of this minigame in any way you players would like to show me. Whether it be videos, bug fixes, suggestions, or even asking if the minigame can be put on your own server (by the way, feel free to do so. And, if you tell me about the server, I may even come on to check it out!), please share all your thoughts and opinions below. All of these things will be really helpful when making new projects.
Lastly, I would like to thank a couple of people. First of all, thank you Mojang for making this awesome game. I also appreciate the makes of the plugins WorldEdit and CubeGenetics, as both helped a lot in the creation of the map itself. Lastly, Zingram19 (IGN), was very helpful in the creation in the map itself, and deserves a mention here as well. Without all the support, and many other little parts of minecraft, this would have never come together.
Official Rules (for those who care): 1. No starting until every single player is in position and ready to play (this means no breaking any glass or placing lava).
2. No use of any hack clients, commands, or anything else that would give a player an advantage is allowed. (For example, no flying, fast breaking, explosion-like breaking, creative mode, invincibility, giving yourself extra items, exedra).
3. Please do not break the chest in the center of the sphere.
4. Once you die, you are out of the game and may participate anymore. In an official game, the rule of being allowed to break glass becomes void after death. There aren’t any second chances in this minigame.
5. Lastly, have fun. This is a GAME, people, and raging is a bit excessive. (If you find any loopholes in these rule please tell me in the comments below)
- Command blocks=true - Mobs=false - Difficulty=Any (Peaceful isn’t recommended; as it can make games drag on.) - Gamemode=Survival (Well, duh) - Amount of Games per new map=1(restart map each time for new game) - Humbleness=High (especially if you hate the people you are playing against)
Current Inferno Maps:
1. Glassic- Just as the name suggests, this version of Inferno is the original. But, don’t let the simplicity get in your way of enjoying this, because it is a ton of glass smashing, lava throwing fun. (Pictures Below)
2.Splice- A clean cut and slippery playing field. Ice provides a unique twist, as well, as limited access to certain areas. All in all, a challenging map that just may slip you up. [COMING SOON]
More will be uploaded soon, so hold tight.
Changelog Version 0.1=
-Minor additions I forgot ealier. Includes: -Added download link to Glassic (XD) -Fixed typos and fonts
Keep on minecrafting!
-maukamauka -------------------------------------- Changelog Version 0.2=
-Switched download link for Glassic from Dropbox to Mediafire, so downloads as of now can be tracked -Added information on a coming soon map -Fixed even MOAR font issues (sigh)
Best of luck to all!
*-Added much needed smiley face to signature --------------------------------------
-Added Goals, in form of Views, and Downloads
-Added Changelogs onto post(only newest changelogs will now be posted, all old one will be deleted, and put in the spoiler
-Added Hopes and Dreams (Please people! Tell me what you think!)