The first ever "dating sim" in Minecraft. Explore the city of love and find your perfect match. Complete loads of challenges to swoon your significant other. Will you find the one right for you or will you amass a bunch of haters?
You must downgrade to 1.6.4 to play this map. It does not work in 1.7 or later.
You MUST use the included (its in the download file) texture pack to play this map. If playing on SMP ensure enable-command-block is set to true in the server.properties file! It will not work without these things.
This map is intended for single player, however it IS compatible with multiplayer as long as you only have one person talking to a character at a time. IE: if P1 is talking to Amy, P2 cannot talk to Amy, but P2 can be talking to Shaz. For more specifics on multiplayer, more details are inside the map.
Minecraft bugs that effects the map: Randomly, but rarely, Minecraft will lose entities and scoreboard settings. This means, if it happens to you, the lights on the black book will go out meaning you will lose progress on characters and/or characters including the bank teller will just vanish. There is nothing I can do about these things... silly buggy minecraft. If you encounter one of these issues, you will have to reload the map. (Luckily it can be beaten to 100% in under 2 hours)
1.14: No Bugs Reported (renamed lots more containers, added more details, slightly adjusted Barkeep second encounter, streamlined sign usage in tutorial, minor dialogue adjustments)
1.13: No Bugs reported (Clarified how far other players must be from the npc conversations, renamed some hoppers, minor dialogue changes.)
1.12: None yet. (added a new npc!)
1.04: Minor conversation target issues
1.03 Possible to get stuck into the animal enclosures at the petshop
1.02:Using optifine and "better grass" will cause graphical issues at the spawn point,but it will be fine for the remaining of the map.
This map is NOT compatible with certain bukkit plugins because it uses vanilla command block commands. Also, it's very computer intensive and you will likely experience lag on a slower pc. Turning smooth lighting off will help dramatically. If, you didn't spawn at the beginning, the starting coordinates are: x:-1340 y:57 z:2081.
This was supposed to be a 2 week project that ballooned into a full scale adventure/puzzle map. It has some amazing puzzles and challenges including a level of NPC AI that has never been seen before on this scale. There are over 6 different citizens you can end up with, with a tonne of collectibles and things that are tracked over the course of the map. Don't forget to post your final score here so we can see how you did!
This was a collaboration effort between myself and some very well known map makers. Make sure you check them out!
1. Find a map that you want to download. You did that, it's this one you want! Link is above.
2. Download the map to a place that you will remember (Downloads folder, Dekstop, wherever)
3. Unzip or Unrar the file using your archiver of choice (WinRAR, 7Zip, etc).
4. Copy the folder that was unzipped, unrared, etc., and navigate to your Minecraft saves folder:If you're running Windows, your saves are located here:Press the Windows Key and R at the same time. In this dialogue type (or copy and paste) the following%appdata%\.minecraft\savesIf you're running on a Mac, your saves are located here:/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/If you're running Linux, your saves are located here:`/.minecraft/saves/
5. Paste the folder and re-name it if you desire.
6. Put the texture pack zip file, as is (don't extract the textures), into the texture pack folder.
Holy Craft! It actually loaded. Partially, but still, enough to actually read.
What's the estimated completion time because it looks like multiple playthroughs are required.
Also, is the map resettable (doubtful) or do we have to copy the original map for every playthrough?
P.S. The instructions needs formatting
I can speed run 100% in about 20 minutes, but that's because it plays a bit like a puzzle map so when you know the solutions it's pretty quickly over. First timers usually do anywhere between 20 mins and 2.5 hours depending how complete they want to do the map. The map isn't resettable when you complete the ending sequence, of which there are 7 alternatives but as Foamy said, there is only a few lines of dialogue that change.
It took me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to 100% it but you don't have to 100% it, it could probably be around 12 minutes if you really wanted it to. It sounds like, from you talking about multiple playthroughs, that you do want to 100% it though. As far as I know there is no real reason for multiple playthroughs apart from maybe seeing 4 or 5 extra lines of text, you can do everything in the same playthrough.
Also Jig, CAPITALISE THE ME!
We did add a little extra stuff since you played too so it might take a little longer for first timers. And fine, I capitalized the Me
- Using optifine and "better grass" will cause graphical issues at the spawn point,but it will be fine for the remaining of the map.
- If the bank teller is not there, you cannot complete the "Amy" storyline. For some reason the bank teller will randomly vanish? Trying to figure out why now.
- There is no sandwich, just give him another beer!
As I said, it's a superb map, although I don't personally like the texture-pack at all; imho, the aesthetics of the map are a real turn-off.
With that said, the gameplay here is unlike any other map I've seen. Really well done.
What specifically don't you like about the texture pack? Which textures rub you the wrong way? Or is it the theme of the textures in general?
My gameplay! I already completed the game and only got 40 lost hearts. Anyways, pretty awesome map! But I wasn't able to complete it 100% because I broke the functions of the Bum u..u Mapmaker, can you do anything about it?