1) Find all the wool you need in chests. Do not dye/craft them.
2) Do not leave the map boundaries. (It will be pretty obvious.)
3) Do not use mods/hacks etc...
4) Survive in any way you can think of.
5) You may switch your difficulty to peaceful. (This allows you to get a break if the map is too rough, but hey, where's the fun in that? Also, that gives me more flexibility with the spawners.)
6) You may craft metal blocks for the monument unless told otherwise.
Note: Optifine is fine to use in may maps.
Level 1: Very easy, even a minecraft newbie could make it through.
Level 2: Still easy.
Level 3: Moderate.
Level 4: Moderately hard.
Level 5: Hard.
Level 6: Extremely hard.
One last thing, I try to make use of my original ideas, however, since there are so many CTM maps out there, there is only so many things you can do. I am not trying to copy anyone's work.
Dreaded Areas #1 - Caverns of Malevolence Designer's rating: 4 to 5
Download link: http://adf.ly/Bg5TF This is quite a tough erm...fun map, thus I filled the starting area with traps did not put too much traps. Take note that this is in the beta Version so there are a lot of things that will be changed in the future. In this map, you will only have to get till intersection 2. You will have to use the 1.3 release to play it.
Dreaded Areas #2 - Hell Dimension Designer Rating : 3.5
This is a mini map, there are only 5 monument blocks to collect, 3 wool and 2 metal blocks. This map takes place in an island of fire, surrounded by lava, where all sorts of nasties live. I have made a lava wall define the boundaries. This is an open-world map, you may go anywhere you wish to.
I played the map and i thought it was GREAT! But i only got the first 4 wools. And also i think the Yellow (Dome of Doom is too esay to get. But other then that i thought it was Great. I cant wait to play the offical release. I will be sure to do a Lp of it. Thanks for the fun =D