I'm in the middle of creating a parkour map, except i have run into one problem. my goal is to make the map about 10 puzzles/challenges long, and right now I have finished 3 challenges, and have already run out of ideas!! can anyone help me come up with a few ideas so i can finish my map?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Agree/Support what I said? If yes, please click that little green arrow in the bottom right
Time for Mirgeaux's parkour map making guide! In my MC years I have made hundreds of parkour maps and several being some of the best ever made! (In my opinion Let's get started shall we?
1) If you want people to enjoy your map don't make it TOO hard! Sure make it a little hard but also make it fun! If you can make it VERY hard AND fun then by all means you have got a nice parlour map!
2) Don't make it so the player(s) dies allot. By this I mean don't make your whole map over a sea of lava of over the void. HOWEVER, if your map is themed to be over lava or over the void then that's great! (One of my best parkour maps is over the void)
3) Be origional...sure, take someone else's ideas, but make them different, or harder!
4) Adding a story to your map can make it more fun!
5) This has been in other guides too: Don't have floating blocks in the air that you have to jump on! It looks bad! Make every challenge in your map unique! Have a theme to them! Just jumping across blocks doesn't make it fun!
Now for some parkour ideas! I can't post photos at the moment though.... I will add some later! Don't worry! I hoped this guide helped!
Ideas? Ladder jumps, lava jumps, ice jumps, soulsand jumps, 1 block, 2 block, 3 block, 4 block jumps, bravery bridge, maze with jumps, piston jumps, fence jumps, dark room jumps, over the wall jumps, water mazes, falling parkour jumps, ladder climb, etc. Hope it helped!
I would show u pics of the over the wall jump but I can't now sorry....its suppose to be the hardest jump there is