So, We played another game of it. It was fine at first, but after like 5 minutes people left and it turned into a 5v2. I did notice these things:
Rushing the 40 items for armor / weapons is VERY easy if everyone does it. After that, the higher value items arent that expensive.
Diamond sword with + 1 sharpness: 6 items.
Diamons sword with + 4 sharpness AND fire aspect: 8 items
Thats a 2 item difference for a sword that is 5x better. Thats a meaningless difference. You can use stone and rush all the best items with a stone / iron sword no problem. Diamond is WAY to easy to get. It is significantly better than iron and it should be.
Items should be raised in price, all of them. I feel like the "god" items need to be doubled after that game. They are good weapons and should be worth more than the average item.
Same goes for the armor, if not moreso. You can run from a diamond sword, but rank 4 diamon armor is crazy.
Wow DeathControl could help us balance the game way easier, as soon as I'm done with the balance this will be amazing
Thanks Nullreff, I updated the main post linking back to your post to help people out.
Give us a couple days and the map will be stable/balanced, thank you everyone for the great feedback/support - I got like 40k views in 24hrs, this was unexpected but greatly appreciated
I've just been playing on the baron.dota server and i've got to say its simply amazing, alot more strategic then i expected it to be as well.
however i find for a good game to occur it would require voice communication as typing leaves you open to be attacked and lacks alot of information. In addition shop prices need a large change i beleive as many people are capable of easily getting diamond within a minute or two of starting.
I have to say one of the funnest features on the server is the /recall command, allowing those sneaky getaways after jukeing them in their own jungle!
Thanks for the feedback, indeed items are being totally revamp!
I played on NullReff's server too. Most troubles have been reported, i'll give my feedback though.
1) Everything was fine (we had some trouble with creep spawning but it was okay), but the game lasted only 7/8 minutes : after 3/4 minutes, nearly the whole ennemy team was full stuffed in diamond, this meaning swords and full armor set. So we get ganked soon, and after the first death the game was already done : an itemless repop make impossible to correct your mistake, and the ennemy team is even more stuffed. So the plugin NullReff gave is I think absolutely necessary, and the price of diamonds items should be in normal shops at least doubled.
2) However, to stay in the spirit of DotA, killing players should still be rewarding. Aren't there any way to ensure that players will only drop "bad" items, such as rotten flesh, strings, bones ... And keep having their swords, armor pieces, map, bow and MAYBE arrows (dropping the arrows might make difficult the return of players who decided to focus on bows) ?
3) I think jungling would need some improvement too : jungling seems to me quite easy, because players can drop bones on skeletons, then they can turn it into bone meal : 3 items in one bone. So maybe you should make the cooldowns of skeletons based camps quite longer, to balance it (or nerf bone meal on servers, but I think it'll be harder).
I personnaly think thatjungle buffs aren't very interesting to fight for, it will only stay a few seconds, so you won't have time to use it to gank opponents with the buff on you.
4) The system of tower defense is a well done, sincerely, congratulations. However, you should improve the location of the shots : there are some locations where enemis can't be hit, or when they sprint next to the side of the turret it becomes totally useless.
5) The price of health pots should be decreased to 2 items, 3 items is really expensive. As said previoulsy is another post, adding some others pots for strength... etc which would be sold for 3 items would be a nice idea.
Here it is. I apologize for all the english mistakes I made, english isn't my native language.
1) I improved some creep spawning already, I'll increase the range this week too. Yeah removing diamond from normal shops ASAP + I'll suggest no drop-item mod which could help for new players - however for hardcore players it's still possible if you play with the bank a lot.
Instead of selling full iron set, I'll make shops sell individual iron parts and reduce the enchants for weapons - I'll post new shop tables here when it's done
2) Hmm no idea, that would be cool - with a no drop mod, killing player should be rewarding and it gets complicated right here.
3) I didn't know about bone meal! - I'll probably make 1 skeleton spawn each side then! For buffs, if you stand close, can last up to 1.3+ minute, given the current cooldown (1.2 min) I think it's fair and can give you enough time to gank - I could make them last longer by placing the dispenser 1 block closer, I'll take a look
4)Yep i've notived that too, that system can get complicated, I'm not sure how I could improve defenses from the sides, the time reaction of the defenders -
5) Yep all planned! But I think I won't add str potion because I want to give more appeal to jungle buffs
Thanks for the detailed feedback, all noted! Don't worry english isn't my native language too
Top priority ATM: Fix bugs, Improve player detection, remove diamond from normal shops, remove all helmet to promote skins uses; however zombie could drop helm sometimes.