Please check the Install Packs section for clean and less hasslesome SmartMoving installations.
SMP capable if the SMP version Smart Moving is properly installed on the server. (Proved working by TheRam. There are now enough beds for 3 people at each checkpoint)
Feel free to use any texture pack you like.
Warning! Using the default key (CTRL) for grab can lead to difficulty. Try finding a key that is more comfortable for you. "F" always works very well for me.
Map version 1.2.4 - last updated March 13 2012
(approximately 5 MB)
No review yet! You could fill this spot with your own review.
"Great map! Can't wait to try this out. I really wish more people would make stuff like this. to you sir!" - Deathlyangel47
"Really good map. Infact, the greatest one I've ever played. The design of the whole thing is great, and so is the story. Great work!" - Shadior
What's new + Update history:
1.2.4 - mar. 13 2012
- Fixed some of the notes and the readme. The trapdoor part should be more obvious now.
- Added recommendation to change the Grab key in Note 1
- The map itself is entirely unchanged
1.2.3 - feb. 23 2012
- Fixed some of the notes; clarified one of the rules
- Added 2 beds at every checkpoint, to allow for up to 3 people to play the map and still use them
- Replaced lots of slabs with stairs
- Fixed two challenges between checkpoint 1 and 2 to be easier
- Fixed the arrow repeater trap so the arrows wouldn't get stuck on the blocks
- Fixed the sealed room to actually get sealed
- Fixed the monkeybars in the challenge right after the boat puzzle being unclimbable
1.2.1 and 1.2.2 - dec. 19 2011
1.2 - dec. 19 2011
- Finished the last areas of the map
- Hid another secret
188.8.131.52 - dec. 16 2011
- Fixed a possibility to sequence-break the switch puzzle
1.1.7 - dec. 16 2011
- Added 2 puzzles
- Recommended difficulty is now Peaceful
- Added roof
- Changed above-ground stone to stone bricks
- Removed silverfish anti-cheat
- Changed some signs and notes
- Hid 2 more secrets (available after the escape finale)
184.108.40.206 - dec. 15 2011
- Minor bugfixes
- Escape act made accessible
- Lots of signs removed
- Checkpoints 4 and 5 set up
- More glowstone, less torches.
- Plot thickened
- Notes folder, notes and readme added
- The "ending cave" that marked the end of an outdated version has been cut to be placed in again at the ACTUAL end of the map
- Plotted out the course of action towards the end of the game. created rooms for puzzles to be placed in.
- Brought the total number of aquirable diamonds to 24. Will you be able to find them all?
1.1.5 - dec. 15 2011
- Fixed file-/mapname
- Flooded floor with lava
- Fixed some signs
- added a jump off the Vista
- added an extra room to branch off more checkpoints
1.1.4 - dec. 14 2011
- Glowstone lighting instead of torches. Everything is now well lit.
- Added an impressive set of challenges. Nothing really new, nothing really more difficult than what's already there, but still, kind of impressive
- Scattered 18 hidden diamonds to the set of challenges mentioned above. Finding them all will validate your parkour/exploring skills.
1.1.3 - dec. 13 2011
- Added some makeshift Portal 2-esque story and an item based puzzle.
- Golden Apple changed to Golden Hoe
1.1.2 - dec. 13 2011
- Accidently left in lots of items in 1.1.1. Fixed that now.
1.1.1 - dec. 13 2011
- Added 3 checkpoints and removed all items except for the golden apple.
- Ability to skip tutorial was replaced by checkpoint #1
- Added cake.
1.1 - dec. 13 2011
- Added some more challenges and more entertaining signs.
- Also, added a possibility to skip the tutorial part (although that was almost all of 1.0)
1.0 - dec. 12 2011
- Base version of the map.
mushroom puzzle not obvious enough
jumping on trapdoors wasn't obvious enough until I put it into a note, but I'm unhappy with this method of
[WIP]Freak Raider The sequel to Freak Climber. [Adventure/Puzzle]
This is the Work In Progress section for Freak Raider, the sequel to Freak Climber.
This Adventure/Puzzle map will be loosely Tomb Raider / Indiana Jones themed.
No more A lot less lava deaths (going to avoid lava with few exceptions)
Less (regular Minecraft) parkour
New SmartMoving feature (wall/ledge jump)
New, better method of storytelling (-&amp;amp;amp;gt; less signs and notes)
Better, more compact checkpoint system
The story will be co-authored by my GF and hobby-writer Angelique (and it will no longer be a Portal ripoff),
and I may get some design/environment help from another friend.
What you think of Freak Raider so far? Too hard? Can't figure out where to go? What else do you like or dislike?
Smart Moving Instant Install Packs
Recommended method of installation is using the Magic Launcher and load the mods in this order:
(The shown minecraft.jar is completely unmodified. You don't even need to remove META-INF)
How to easily install mods using Magic Launcher (thanks, FlamingAmazingGaming)
In case you don't want to mess with that, you can use these install packs:
Just drop the contents of this single .zip into a clean Minecraft.jar to install SmartMoving and all of it's requirements instantly. SMP capable and tested working unless otherwise specified. Intended for Clients only, not servers! Always delete the META_INF folder when installing mods!
This is the first parcour map I've seen that utilises this mod. I think it's a great idea - some amazing ideas could be made. I rarely ever download these things, but I think I'm going to give it a look! :smile.gif:
That's what I thought when I saw Sparklez' review, and so I made this. Thanks for the feedback.
Hey incase you didn't see in my topic we did a playthrough of your map. My friend who is part of our channel recorded it by himself so it will be up whenever he uploads it. Ill post it here when its up!