Okay, as a veteran of Vechs' maps (Not really, only beat 3 maps.) I went into this with confidence. So far I have to admit I'm doing fairly well.
So far I have got the light blue wool. I assume that using torches is okay. (I made a furnace and made charcoal.) I hope that just being exposed to the sunlight doesn't qualify as being on the surface because of the hole that I came down with, becasue otherwise I already failed. Before I really even started.
Also, I think I'm sequence breaking.
Namely I got fed up with the monster noises outside the monument room so I started digging in the general general direction of them and ran into bedrock and what looks like a diffrent part of the map. Something tells me I'm gonna regret going in there, but oh well, I'm suicidal. Helps that that's where I found the final 2 stone needed for a furnace.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE skeletons!
thanks its just what i thought (about the no-major-changes from b1.8 to 1.0.0) just wanted to be sure and it seems that its gonna be an adventure!! good luck to u and maybe we'll coment how it goes :wink.gif:
thanks again and bb
EDIT: I just remembered that in 1.0.0 mobs are harder (i.e. takes 1 more hit to take them out) so that's gonna be interesting
Here is some information on my new Complete the Monument style map that is a throwback to the old 404 challenge. It doesn't require you do a big cave without torches like the 404, but I did have the old 404 challenge in mind when I made it.
What is the map?
This map is inspired by a Vechs style map where your task is to complete the 16 wool monument. It was also inspired by the old pre1.8 404 challenge which I personally spent a lot of time working through. This map is intended to start off very easy and progress to be a bit harder. It isn't exactly "ROMhack" hard but medium/hard beyond the first 4 wool.
1) Find and complete the Victory Monument.
2) Find wool in chests scattered around the map, do NOT use dyes, placed wool, or spider string for wools!
3) Use at least Easy difficulty, and never Peaceful.
4) Do not leave the boundaries of the map and go into normally generated Minecraft terrain.
5) Survive in any way you can think of. (Yes, you can mine, craft, and place blocks.)
6) You may use spider string wool and sheep wool to craft beds and other items, but not for the Victory Monument.
7) Leave the surface before the first night and never return, even by death (IE set your spawn in the cave before you die the first time, yes, you are going to die)
Versions: Version 1.2 10/24/2011
- Updated the pond on the surface after a lot of requests.
- Changed the surface blocks to half slabs to prevent surface spawning.
- Added 1 little creeper trap early on, nothing special.
Version 1.1 10/23/2011
- Updated a few balancing things.
- Removed the early wheat farm.
- Added 1 piece of dirt a little earlier for tree growth.
- Added more hidden lava :-)
- First Release.
If you like the map or have suggestions etc, please feel free to post.
Hey guude a suggestion for your ctm map. Add a bud switch and hook it up to one tnt behind the lime green wool so if people decides to break the chest the tnt blows up the wool and if they break the obsidian on top and open the chest the wools come out but will most likely kill the player, giving the player a time limit to get the wool...