I decided to start a new project, we are building a medieval town. I will keep this post updated of the status of our project. So tell me what we should add (list of what we are adding is bellow). And we would all like your opinion.
You want your own creation inside this city?
I will accept some creations from people that aren't in the "staff" of this map! Just follow these steps and rules and you will have a chance at being included!
Step 1: Download latest version of map. (Do not build very close to existing structures.)
Step 2: Build your creation.
Step 3: Take some pictures and put them in the same .zip folder that your world will be in.
Step 4: Put the .zip folder on a file sharing website (NOT ADF.LY), send me the link. (via PM)
Step 5: I will look at your creation and if I think that it's good enough for this map, then I will notify you and we shall discuss together the location of your creation for the next version of the map.
What not to do! - No swearing in sign.
- Use proper grammar. I really don't want to go around fixing all the signs.
- Build nicely. It doesn't have to be beautiful, but make it something you can be proud of.
- Do not craft anything to open Iron Doors unless told so...
- Play on at least Easy (I would recommend Normal)
- You can break whatever you want, but it's normally useless (you cannot break doors unless you placed them)
- You can cheat if you want but your score/videos will not count.
Challenges (outdated, will be update in version 1.0)
- Find all of the diamonds (I believe there are around 10, if you find more tell me, and also for now the diamonds are only on the main island (the one with the church))
- Add a "wing" to your house, it must face opposite of the other "house", must be connected through the bedroom, must have similar style as the rest of the house.
- Make you own house, (how to get to the location, behind you house there should be stairs, build house on bottom of stairs, on the ice, BUT you must not have any ice as floor or as path to steps, materials allowed, brick, stone, anything that is related to wood, and torches.)
- If you want to, place trees all around your house! (all of the different types)
- Do not use the tools that are higher then stone (you need to craft them instead).
The name of the town is Longo City
What's done & What's not done list (outdated)
Green means done
Blue (because yellow is impossible to read) means in progress
Red means not started
- Look out towers (there are currently 3)
- Bank/Merchant Buidling
- Church (there are currently 2)
- Black smith
- Protective wall around city
- Secret project
- More stuff
Donations also help. Link
If you donate, then put a number in the message (in PayPal) that goes to me, then PM me that number and if you donated 5$ or more your name will be on a wall saying thank you to everyone that helped, and if you donate 10$ or more one of the smaller houses will be dedicated to you (you will decide what goes inside) (you also get your name on the wall), and if you pay 15$ or more one of the bigger houses will be dedicated to you (you also get your name on the wall).
- Longo actually means long (I didn't know that when I came up with the name).
v. 0.5 - Small adjustments to some buildings, new section of the church has been added, "unamed dungeon" has been started, roads have been redesigned and add, new building and ajusted the quantity of items in chest in most buildings.
v. 0.4 - Added a 2 new buildings and added a new "area". DownloadMirror
v. 0.3 - Added 1 building, rearranged church a little bit, and one secret thing that is going to be awesome when completely done. Download
v. 0.2 - Added 2 buildings, arranged chests Download
v. 0.1 - First Public Release Download
The Town (air view)
The Saint Creeper Church (air view)
The Tower (air view)
The Bank/Merchant (air view)
If you get more builders and decide to restart, lemme know :tongue.gif: i'd love to give you better ideas.. some rules you should follow to make it look better :
4. use more than 1 type of blocks on a building, bling that ***** out :tongue.gif:
It seems ok but needs a lot of work to do.
I advice you don't use brick because mideval cities don't have them.
use a texture pack, most of the time makes a texture pack something better looking.
I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings.
No you didn't hurt my feelings because this is the type of thing that I want to know (how to make it better).
Do you have a suggestion for a texture pack?