This tutorial will explain how to setup and use SKMCLauncher, this launcher allows you to have multiple installs of minecraft and choose witch one you want upon opening it. You can use this to have for example 1.4.7 installed, and the latest snapshot or even an older version of minecraft all at the same time!
3. Open SKMCLauncher.jar, you should get a screen like this:
4. Now click on Options, then click the Configurations tab:
5. Now click on New, then fill in the name box.
6. Now got to your start/windows icon and type in the search box %appdata% this should open a folder like this:
7. Now click on the Roaming folder:
8. Now create a new folder called minecraft2:
9. Now open the folder you just created and copy the folders directory:
10. Now go back to SKMCLauncher, then click Browse:
11. You should now get a window link this:
12. Now delete everything in the Folder Name box, now hit Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste that directory you copied earlier.
13. Now click Open you should see a screen in SKMCLauncher like this.
13-1. As you can see you now have two installations and two installation directories, when you first launch any new installations it's going to download the latest minecraft.
14. Now click OK now click on and highlight the new minecraft installation you made, and click Play after you've entered your login details. The game will now launch and ask to download the latest minecraft patch. Click yes and let it download and patch the game, now you can either copy a snapshot or old version of minecraft into the new .minecraft inside /roaming/appdata/minecraft2/.minecraft/bin. Note you must update and run the game at least once after you do a new installation in order to construct the .minecraft folder within your "minecraft2" folder.
If you have any questions or concerns please post them below.