I currently have tutorials only in text format. I've been working on writing this mod file up to help TFCxAddict update his Gem Pack mod.
Currently included examples:
- Forge File Setup
- Creating a Block
- Creating an Item
- Changing a block's Harvest level
- World Generation
- Adding Crafting Recipes
- Adding Smelting Recipes
- Using the Ore Dictionary
- Adding Ore Dictionary Recipes (Recipes that check the ore Dictionary for Items/Blocks of the same Type)
- Basic setup of a Configuration File
- Custom Achievement Page
- Client Tick Handling (Using ModLoader-like named methods for ease of use by those reading this tutorial)
- Server Tick Handling
- Gui Handling
- Fuel Handling (Adding Fuels)
- Crafting/Smelting Handling (Examples are used to trigger Achievements)
- Achievement Triggering
- More to come in the future!
- Achievement Localizations (Adding formatted Strings for Names and Descriptions)
- TileEntities (Furnace Like Blocks)
- Entities (Mobs)
- Anything anyone else wants to see
I will not be making any videos either Today (September 14th), or during the morning of tomorrow (September 15th). I will however spend much of Sunday creating video versions of everything i've presented in the ExampleMod, as well as hopefully updating the ExampleMod and adding a tutorial for something special. If you want to make an SMP mod with Forge, this will be the tutorial for you!
Videos: Setting up MCP with Forge: Mod File Setup: Your First Block:
If you do see anything incorrect in the tutorial, please feel free to tell me and I will edit it and credit you for the edit.
All of these files are placed together, as this is an actual working mod (No texture files included, but the blocks/items in it still work, they just are blank textured)
If you're interested, download here: Download
Don't worry, it isn't a adfly download, or any other site that gives me any sort of revenue.
It's a dropbox link
I Hope to add video tutorials in the near future, until then I hope these files are of use to you
I can't wait until you get the Armour tutorial out! I can already figure out how to set damage and if it's boots or a hat, or what material it's made out of, but I just don't know how to render the texture properly on the player. :/ I'll keep an eye out! Oh wait... You ARE still updating these, right?