Okay I saw one for pc but none for a mac. And I had SO much trouble finding how to just INSTALL mods on my mac. So I'm going to make a VERY simple explanation on how to do the SIMPLEST thing imaginable. And as a bonus how to unseal and re-seal the minecraft.jar on a 1.5 mac. This should not change for different versions.
Finding the splashes
1. open your user's library
2. open application support
3. find and open minecraft
4. go into the bin folder and locate the minecraft.jar
5. backup the minecraft.jar
6. Now rename minecraft.jar into minecraft.zip it will prompt you if you want to. say use .zip.
7. open minecraft.zip. you should be able to just double click instead of those silly pc users having to get a piece of software to do so.
8. delete the META_INF file in there
9. find the "title" folder
10. in there there is a text file called "splashes" open it.
1. Add in your splashes
2. when you press enter you start a new splash.
3. Remember to save it when you are done
1. select the CONTENTS of the minecraft.zip folder and compress.
2. you should get a archive.zip in the folder.
3. move it out into the bin folder and rename it minecraft.jar.
My first tutorial.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Ohai. I'm THAT guy. You know me.
Something something Fimgaming. Shameless Z. Plug out.