I have been getting a lot of questions about how to rank up and if there is anything people can do to help the server..
There are ways you can rank up, ways you can help and gain respect on the server and some ways you avoid getting banned:
The BEST way to rank up is to build something awesome. Build something impressive (bigger is NOT always better)that people would want to visit. Quality building is rewarded more than anything else.
Follow the rules, pay attention and get to know the server and our community.
DO NOT CHEAT. Trying to prevent all forms of cheating is a tedious and frustrating endeavor I do not wish to pursue. If you cheat you will eventually get caught and get banned.
I have decided to open some positions for specific jobs on the server. These are for people who will be around for a while. I wouldn't want to reward someone for taking a job they do for a week then stop visiting the server, so don't apply for the "status". Apply because you want to help the server.
We need writers!- There are many books that need to be written. They will be explaining how to use plugins and how to get along in the server. Handbooks and information to help newcomers. They should be written so they are easy to understand, not as though they were copied and pasted from the plugins bukkit dev site. Also they don't have to be comprehensive, they can explain the basic of how to use something or do something.
You will have to learn how to use the plugin Bookworm. It's not that hard just read and practice. No offense but I will not teach you how to use it. A staff member in AuthentiCity should be able to find answers and learn stuff on their own.
If you write and want to submit a book for review please DO! Write it in game and I'll get a copy for review. There are no guarantees your book will be placed in the AuthentiCity Library, but if it is informative and easy to understand then it probably will :smile.gif:
Tasks are separated by which job will be performing them. Jobs WILL NOT be awarded before some commitment to the job is shown. Essentially: write a book/perform a task, if its good enough (for books: if we put it in the server library) then you will be promoted to whatever job the task belongs to and you will be paid in game for future efforts relative to your job. For example I may pay you $50 for the next book, let's see those negotiating skills! :tongue.gif:
- How to write books!! Lol obvious :tongue.gif:
- ChestShop - Need this one big time.
- How to get promoted
- How to get a portal to your home
- How to rent plots in the market and elsewhere. We use SimpleRegionMarket
- How, and why, to use Location Report signs
- How to manage your Money (buying, selling, paying). iConomy is currently not working right.. Players can not /money pay each other :/
- How to make a Port Cullis gate and a drawbridge
- How to use Light Sensors, and how to integrate them with gates and bridges
- A collection of the simpler and/or passive plugins and how to use them (powernetherrack, redstone lighting, appletree, smoothboat, etc) This one should be called something like A Collection of Conveniences.
- If you write in a book then later update that book all copies of that book will be updated too. I plan to use this to provide a Newspaper book (open to name suggestions) that anyone can keep on them and stay up with the news. This periodical should have a variety of sections and I suggest trying to keep each short enough to fit on one page, and have only ONE article per page. Some ideas: New builds (either by members or staff, but have to be 100% complete and 100% awesome) announcements, Promotion announcements, Obituaries (I'm thinking this should be a MRB (Most Recent Bans :tongue.gif:) kind of thing), Contests, Classifieds (Help Wanted ads, labor for hire, housing for rent, lost/found, personals :tongue.gif: etc.), Jokes, whatever else you can think of.
The Newspaper may be split into no more than 3 books. Journalists may hire an assistant to help gather news, write and edit. There may be more than one Journalist but there will be only ONE Journalist per book.
This position is expected to have a thorough understanding of how Bookwork works.
-Get on the web and let people know how awesome AuthentiCity is! :biggrin.gif:
-Take screenshot and post them where they may have some relevance.
-Capture some video and share it with the world :smile.gif:
-Flight will not be granted for this pursuit. If you earn flight by becoming a SuperMod then you can use it for capturing video.
***DO NOT MISREPRESENT MY WORK OR ANYONE ELSES!!***
We take pride in our work. If you don't know who built it then find out before you post. If you still can't then just say it was built in AuthentiCity. Anyone caught taking credit for others work will obviously be immediately banned.
-We could really use a cool sig banner :smile.gif: and/or logo for the server
-Player skins!! Sometimes its fun to dress alike for battle or something, and its just cool to have a one-of-a-kind skin :tongue.gif: Maybe sell them in game! (for in game money)
These are all I have for now. I could use some help with the tedious task of setting up all the regions in the market and some other stuff, but it all requires granting some elevated and potentially hazardous permissions. I'd rather take my time with it than enlist the help of someone who doesn't know much about WE/WG or someone I am not 99% certain I can trust.
The application has three parts. If you wish to apply you must:
Be an established member of the server. I will not consider anyone who has not visited the server, is still a Guest or is a Nomad but hasn't built a home.
Submit an application in this thread or the thread linked in my signature.
-Favorite thing about AuthentiCity:
-Something you would change about AuthentiCity:
-How long have you been a member of AuthentiCity:
(for author and journalist only)Submit an application in game by creating a book and giving me a copy to review.