I am attempting something amazing. The idea is simple. Get some of the best builders Minecraft has to offer and have them lend a hand in making a very themed walled city. The theme is 'Ancient Arabic/Middle Eastern Architecture".
- The Goals (or F.E.T.P.): Finish the city. Make it look fantastic; make it look great. Encoded mods to allow player interaction, such as buying from vendors or having paid player housing. Transport map into a randomly made, huge Primordial Desert map. Play! Users must rely on the city while exploring ruins, dunes, mountains, and more on a limited resource map. Players can start colonies outside the city once they get the right materials!
So now what?
I have a small 6 slot server up and running waiting for you. Before you can just run into the whole mess, I must make sure you check out and can be trusted to build the right type of buildings. This isn't some nilly-willy server where you can build a skyscraper and call it a day. Oh boy, oh boy. That just won't fly. We have to keep to a theme here. For starters, I highly advise you to go to google, look up "[Ancient] Middle Eastern/Arabic/Iraqi/Persian/Babylon Architecture/Houses/Buildings." (Not the whole thing at once! Do combos of those terms). We are looking at old, desert buildings, with many levels of a city, many small rooms, staircases on the outside, arches, very 'square' looking, rooftop to rooftop-ish, very brown with colorful tents and banners. In fact, add the work "Arabian" to your application so I know you read what I am looking for. We use sandstone primary. You may spawn items. You may fly.
Example/Sample of what I made to demonstrate the look:
1. No Griefing. One drop of TNT, one ounce of lava = YEEEERRRR OUT!
2. Keep building in the theme! Sandstone, squares, cramped, busy, exciting!
3. Flying, spawning items is allowed. Once we make it to goal 3 (or T), they will not be allowed!
4. Use google images for inspirations.
5. No racism.
6. No working in pockets. (I.e. build a tower here, build a mansion there.) NO NO NO. Layout your idea. Talk to me. Leave me messages on what you have planned to build.
Random building will get you BANNED. Going outside the theme will get you BANNED. This is my baby. I want to see it through with you!
Why Should I Accept You?:
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
Do you know how add levels to a city?:
Do you understand the theme? If so, what it is?:
If you were to start now, what would you start building/working on?:
Do I want to want the city to feel spacious?:
Additional info you would like to tell me?:
Below, inside the pictures I have, I've included what I am looking for. READ THIS. UNDERSTAND THIS. GOOGLE IT FOR GUIDANCE.
This one isn't mine, but I highly respect it and this is the look I am going for:
Please, if you're looking for a challenge, join me and my quest to finish this city. If you have any questions, please ask away. Server is up 24/7.
Minecraft IGN: Grazer46
Why Should I Accept You?: Im good at building and i love the desert theme.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since alpha 1.2
Do you know how add levels to a city?: I think so
Do you understand the theme? If so, what it is?: Yes its an arabic city style. Just like the city in the movie alladin
If you were to start now, what would you start building/working on?: Idk it depends on my fantasy and mood
Do I want to want the city to feel spacious?: Not really. Have street with this style   if you know what i mean.
Additional info you would like to tell me?: Ive been mod 4 times and admin once and builder once. Iam good at world edit and world guard too.
Minecraft IGN: christof118.
Why Should I Accept You?: Im a great, experienced builder.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 8 months.
Do you know how add levels to a city?: If i know what you mean then probably yes.
Do you understand the theme? If so, what it is?: Yes, an Arabic theme, like the grand structures in Dubai.
If you were to start now, what would you start building/working on?: The library or military barracks or bathhouse.
Do I want to want the city to feel spacious?: No, you want it cramped and busy
Additional info you would like to tell me?: I would love it to join and be a part in this great project
Welcome, Chris! You've been added! I'll be on shortly. I am still looking up mods to use for the server. Take a look around!