I belive the ~70% of the winners are already got Minecraft. I find this unfair.
Ikr? 3 quarter of them might already have the game, and they are in this giveaway for :
1) Giving the gift code to a friend (Can't your friend join MinecraftForum and enter by him/herself?)
2) Giving to a poor soul that lost the giveaway (Yay?!?!)
Critic, could you perhaps give us a little more info on how we get picked? Is it random, or what?
yup, completely random. The process works in 3 stages:
1. Every comment on the Facebook status is loaded into a database:
2. A process runs that parses the comments and finds the usernames in each comment. Then it checks with minecraftforum.net if that account exists and if it does it stores the usernames and the account ID:
As you can see the columns on the far right are the MCF Username and MCF ID, for the first 2 people (Jonathon La, Tyler Christianson) the names they provided aren't valid (they are minecraft.net names, not minecraftforum.net names) so they get "0" and "0" set, which means they don't get entered.
3. A process runs that loads all the legitimate accounts into memory (everyone that has provided a valid MCF name), it then removes anyone from that list that has already won and removes duplicates (everyone only gets 1 entry) and it then picks 20 random names from that list, assigns them each a code from my database of valid codes and then it sends a private message to each one and outputs to me who they are.
So as long as you meet the following criteria:
1. Your username was posted on the Facebook post in the required fashion (just your username)
2. You have not won already
You are entered to win every time we randomly pick 20 winners.
If you comment again it won't hurt you, but no advantage unless you think the first time you posted your name might not have been valid etc.
I checked the database and I can't find your name "tjdaroya" so probably worth entering again Sometimes the Facebook API can be spotty and won't return specific comments so you might have been lost in that void.