So with the boat changes, is the half-slab glitch fixed?
For quite a while there has been a glitch that if a boat falls any distance out of water and onto a block, the player in the boat takes massive damage, usually dying. It typically occurs with half-slab docks and with animals in the water.
So after testing it for a few minutes, here's what I think about it
1) Boats don't seem any different to me. maybe the differences are just so small that I didn't really notice it.
2) If you try to place a string on top of a string, it will awkwardly float in the air.
3) You can normally smelt any ore you find but I found out that you cannot smelt emerald ore like you can diamond/gold/iron/lapiz/coal ore.
4) When I first generated the world, it took a lot more time to load. Same with traveling to the Nether.
5) I really like being able to place half slabs easier. It's a nice, simple change.
There are a few things I'd like to know though, how far has Mojang progressed in making SSP more like SMP. If they want to put it in 1.3, they'd better be progressing with it. It seems that most people don't want to wait for 1.3, and I'm not all that interested in that change. If they're planning to add that to 1.3, then I wouldn't expect it for another month or two. If they really were working on it, we'd at least have a demo of it in the snapshot, I think.
Also, can we expect more than the current "adventure mode"? I'd like features that would make adventure maps work really well, like preventing Mobs from breaking blocks, or allowing the player to choose specific blocks that they could break. I'm a bit of an adventure map enthusiast so I really want Mojang to flesh out this concept more thoroughly than they currently have.
I've found a bug... when you shoot an arrow through the top of a tripwire, it wont activate. It will only activate if you get it through the side :/ please fix this, i hate having to aim at a certain spot(unless its a challenge map / game. :P) thanks! My favorite features are that you can do the thing i mentioned(the one with the bug.),
Texture Packs that are in folders and not in a zip file are recognized as a texture pack.
Texture Packs image is displayed for folder based texture packs.
The player can now see the cracking effect on blocks when other players mine blocks in multiplayer.
Enchantment levels are slightly exponential again.
It now takes 825 Experience to reach level 30.
Added Ender Portal frame to creative inventory.
Half slabs are placeable on walls
Tripwire is now activated by all entities, including arrows.
The max distance has been increased to 40 blocks.
Boats can accelerate to faster than previous speeds.
I noticed a few other things in the snapshot that are not listed.
1) Double tap spacebar on a boat to go faster
2) A few new splashes on main menu
3)End portals wont work if not natrually spawned. (I might be doing it wrong but that is what I belive.)