i'm gonna be disappointed if we have to wait longer then september eighth
I'm disappointed in the community for expecting so much. This is a major release and they need to tweak it to make it right. People whine for them to release early and when they rush it out people get mad because something is crashing or something doesn't work right.
- The quiver has been there since ****ing forever. Don't tell me you didn't know, because you could easily google "Minecraft quiver" and read about it.
- The three vine-like textures below the wheat are stems for pumpkins/watermelon (The first two), and ivy (The bottom one).
- There is no "pineapple" sapling. Are you retarded? It's a pine tree sapling. Pineapples aren't even in the fricking game...
- The textures below pistons are for giant mushrooms. The top two are the mushroom blocks themselves, and the bottom two are the exterior/interior of the stems.
- The little blue line thing above redstone is the side of the glass panes.
- The textures next to the breaking animations are city border markers that are most likely NOT going to be used. Some people are saying the first one is a foot print texture, but jeb didn't say anything about that in his reddit post.
The only additions I see so far in these two textures add up to what MIGHT be released in 1.8
Some stuff might have it's own texture or they aren't added yet.
Mossy Cobble has new look
Mossy Gray Brick + Cracked Gray Brick
Dead Sapling/Melon & Pumpkin Vine?
Bending Dead Sapling/Curved Melon & Pumpkin Vine?
Red Mushroom Cap + Brown Mushroom Cap + Mushroom Stalk + Mushroom Pores
Melon Side + Top
Glass Side/Glass Pane?
Gray Dots/Planted Melon Seeds?
City Border/Village Border?
White Dots/Planted Pumpkin Seeds?
I've double checked the terrain.png
New Cooked Pork texture
Bow Strength Meter (only 3)
Raw Beef + Steak (Old Cooked Pork texture)
Raw + Cooked Chicken (No longer smooth)
I don't see the Experience Orb anywhere in these textures, unless it's a Mob.
Nothing new other than the stuff I've listed... Will Update.
With every single bit of information they're releasing now, it's a heavy possibility that either today or sometime soon this week it will be released.
With the PAX version Notch showed us, it looks pretty stable right now, Notch even said that he would release it soon prior to PAX.
The only things that need tweaking is the NPC Villages being empty, and the use for the Skill System, besides that, 1.8 might be released within today and the rest of this week. Don't forget, Notch said that 1.8 is too big as of now that additional things will be added in 1.9