I really hope they don't make the villages like Millenair, It's a good mod, but they get in the way ALOT, butv it is fun to fill all the buildings with tnt and put some pressure plates wired with redstone and watch them blow themselves up
- Quivers have been in items.png since Indev but have never been implemented. Jeb said he's not planning on it but Notch said if he had extra time he might put it into 1.8
- Shears were going to originally be able to shear sheep without hurting them, collect wool blocks faster, leaf blocks legit and destroy TNT without blowing it up. However, now the plan is to have the shears be the only way to get wool from sheep and the TNT idea was scrapped. Supposedly TNT instead will be only activated by redstone and fire but can be destroyed for a drop with your bare hands.
- The bottle thing in items.png is the shears.
- Pistons, shears, new cobble/brick textures, the new TNT and sheep properties and some bugfixes are the only new things coming in 1.7, as the adventure update has been pushed back to 1.8
Now, on my wishlist for 1.8:
- Optional NPC villages (it might be fun to blow up a village, or other times you might not want its inhabitants bothering you and also begging for your diamond pick (it'll probably stick out its hand and make weird noises)
- A survival/creative mode checkbox on the generate new world screen (along with a checkbox for npc villages)
Looks cool, but I just wish that the shaft for the sticky pistons were a separate texture instead of also wrapping around the top and sides of the end of the piston. Makes it a pain to texture. Starting to update my texture pack though..