Although this idea is pretty extensive in my head, I'll make it quick here.
Ok, what if 4j designed 500 or so unique skins, maybe some based on popular games or youtubers. Some skins have special powers, like a unique scuba suit skin raises your underwater time to a whole minute! The skins will fall under 3 categories, rare, uncommon and common. For a dollar you get 2 (3 maybe?) skins, which are added to your change skin page under a new tab "Unique Skins". There's a 70% chance you'll get a common skin, a 27% chance you'll get a uncommon, and 3% chance to get a power up skin. You can then trade these skins on a ingame interface. Both traders can assign up to 4 unique skins; this is (for example) so a person trading can give 4 commons for a another traders uncommon. A trade can be 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 etc. Both traders must accept before the deal is complete.
This idea will make money for 4j and bring a new and needed activity to Minecraft Xbox.
you're a bit late. Someone already suggested skins with special effects, Someone also posted the cons to the suggestion. Although, no one has ever suggested releasing 500 skins at once (Seems like that would take a lot of time and work when they could be putting time towards bug fixes and title updates)
the Idea Is original but I'm not sure I fully understand It
Junokaii (although I'd recommend not adding me because I'm on literally like... once every month or two)
So.... sayin they cost 1-2 dollars each with only 1-2 skins per pack... with a total of 500 skins adding up... That'd be like... $250 just to get every one..... That'd be the biggest cash grab in history aside from the real life "Environmental Levi" fee
For a dollar you get 2 (3 maybe?) skins, which are added to your change skin page under a new tab "Unique Skins". There's a 70% chance you'll get a common skin, a 27% chance you'll get a uncommon, and 3% chance to get a power up skin.
I mean that on it's own just sounds ridiculous. This would make the whole thing seem like a giant cash-grab scenario, it just will not work. I do not plan on seeing this feature added, with the exception of the usual skin pack added every few months or so. I do not support this idea.
Skins do not provide any in-game PvE advantages at all, they are only cosmetic. Changing that to allow certain skins to have 'special features' that effect the player's interaction with their environment would require a code revision that would imbalance the game for online multiplayer purposes.