First time trying to share my creations in MC. This game has been a lifesaver for me as it lets me relax and just let my mind roam stress free instead of letting daily anxieties and depression build up. I'm probably an old fart compared to all of you, but I don't get people saying this game is for kids only.
I'm totally new to the forum and the game (I have yet to try and work with redstone for example, not interested in animals and monsters), and I only play in Creative mode as I'm not really interested in the Survival aspects of the game (I'm anxious enough IRL). It's all about exploration and discoveries for now.
Everything is made using the "natural texture" pack exclusively. I intend on building more and more into this world and progressively incorporating new ideas and challenges (for me that is), like optical illusions, complex pixel art, shapes, etc. ATM, the world is probably not functional if you want to play it without being able to fly, but I'm working on making everything accessible in the long term.
So here are a bunch of pics for you guys to get an idea of what it looks like:
- Up front view of the world's center. Eye is 100 blocs high and perched on large hill overlooking a deep crevice.
- Three views of the Giant Eye at night, with it's glowing golden claws. Plan on working on the latter eventually to give them a more detailed, more rounded look. Staircase is clearer on middle pic. Working on it as of this posting. Third view is quite imposing from the ground up. I like it anyway. I'll need to figure out a way to get better lighting on the eye at some point so it doesn't just remain dark and dull blue looking. There is a 2-3 block space between the actual Giant Eye sphere and the decorative "diadem" (?). Both eye and diadem were a single pixel art image transferred to Minecraft block using IOS app then projected onto a sphere and curved accordingly.
- Same view as the last night view pic, but DAY PIC! Joy! Claws and entrance still look a little plain, but they won't be like that forever!
- The Lava Eye. This is where it all started. The iris is empty, penetrable space which leads to a multi-storied complex (unfinished). Spinning around with the lava eye dead center from high up is hypnotizing.
- Giant Eye in comparison to Lava Eye. Pupil in Lava Eye seems to follow the player as you hover over it. Iris/empty space, more obvious here.
- Three views from inside the Lava Eye. The first view includes the ever-watching Giant Eye through the empty iris faraway in the distance. Walking around with the Giant Eye always observing causes a weird creepy effect The large pupil is actually a tiny room in the center and can be accessed from under the water floor (unfinished). Note lava ceiling. Love working with these two materials. The third pic makes the water floor/lava ceiling easier to see. Each of the four side walls is designed in the same manner, but unique in its "abstractedness" and colour gradients. If you look under the water floor, you can see the as of yet unfinished second basement with entrances to natural caves marked by glowstones (lots of work to be done there!)
- This is a small, recently built passageway which is the only way to access the inside of the Giant Eye. For now, two long spiral staircases bookend the passage way (will build other exits eventually); one for the main entrance, and the other leads up to the bottom center of the inside of the Giant Eye. Enjoying the green-blueish tint of the place.
- This is the Tree Inside The Giant Eye. This entrance is the first thing you will see when coming up the spiral staircase. Yes you can go inside the tree as well.
- Here is a side view of the same tree. You can barely make out the one block entrance to the eye in the dead center bottom.
- A view from high up between the branches. Not at all satisfied with the lighting on the branches. Will need to figure something out eventually. There are over a dozen branches to the tree, all of them accessible and leading to a humongous maze in the leafage. The branches are not all finished yet and it started getting redundant so I moved on to other things, but it will be finished eventually. You can see the one block entrance at the bottom in the center of the eye (yes all of this is inside the Giant Eye). You can somewhat see the "Anatomically correct heart of the Tree" made with netherrack. The arteries were supposed to pump out lava, but it made the tree burn all the time, so I'll need to find another trick. That space will also eventually be closed up around the hear, but that's for later.
- This is a view from inside the trunk of the tree inside the Giant Eye (phew!). There is a very small lower floor which you cannot see under the glass floor. This is looking towards the main trunk where all the branches, well... branch off. Second pic is a view of the same section but from the main trunk part. A narrow but long staircase connects the two parts.
- This is a view of the inside of the main part of the trunk, first floor. You can see the entrance on the left side of the image leading to the first pair of branches/paths. There is another entrance on the right which you cannot see. Each branch has it's own "unique" path, some even split off into two directions along the way. That was a pain to make... Thus why it's still not finished. There is a "hidden" room if you go down instead of up where that ladder is, on each side of the ladder in that room are two entrances to more branches (ugh!!!)
- This is the second floor of the main Tree Trunk In The Giant Eye. The entrances on each side of the room are more subtle, but they lead to more branches/paths. Lower pic is an example of how these branches splits into different paths/more branches (!!!). Will eventually add more decorative elements. The glass ceiling leads to the what will be the third floor, where the Heart In The Tree In The Giant Eye is placed.
- A slightly better view of the said heart, there is actually a room under that thing, you can see where the trunk is cut off for the moment and the as of yet, unhooked branches. Really don't know how I'll be able to make lava flow in there without burning everything down. Might even remove the whole thing altogether and find a better home for it. The inside of the heart is accessible from a one block entrance on its top side. Hate the lighting. Need to find a solution.
- This is an image from inside the deep crevice which serpents between the Giant Eye and the Lava Eye. This is a large entrance inside the crevice which leads to a bunch of other room and natural (and not-so natural) pathways. The Glass Eye entrance is filled with running water between tainted glass panes. This whole section is what I'm working on ATM along with the main entrance to the Giant Eye.
- Another lower view of the Glass Eye entrance. This is far from finished, but I like what it looks like for now. Will be much more decorative in the future.
- This is what you see just passed the huge Glass Eye entrance deep inside the crevice. There is a huge waterfall which flows and diverts paths all the way to the bottom (not seen). There's a suspended bridge leading to a few of many (MANY more) rooms which are all linked by the natural caves in the world. Plan on giving this section a "ruins" feel, but the place is too early in its conception to be worth showing much.
- These pics are of a freakish "hidden room right next to the bottom of the waterfall inside the crevice. It's totally off character, but I love the results. This is actually a double room, separated by a one block entrance near the floor of this rainbow/massive face room. Totally unnatural look and totally off from the vibe of the rest of the world, but what the hell, it's a secret room! I'll do whatever I want! You can see a bit of the Rainbow Wall facing the giant face on the second pic, the entrance to this room is at the bottom of this wall. The glowstones are supposed to give the face the look of having lighting bolts projected. Its pretty intense to roam around. You can enter the Giant Face's mouth which will lead to a complete body (oesophagus, lungs, stomach, guts, ahem...) but I haven't only the mouth for the moment. Not sure how I'll make them accessible, but both nostrils lead up to different paths, one connects back to the mouth, while the other leads off to completely uncharted territory.
- Here is the second double room placed under the tongue in the Face Room. Not sure what that center piece thing is supposed to be exactly (a brain?), but it is layers of flowing water and lava which can be crossed (for absolutely no good reason) using a tunnel (second pic). The place is accessible one way only for the time being (you can get in, but good luck getting out without the ability to fly). Will need to fix that eventually and give the room exits towards the caves.
- Here is a picture of a very well hidden/secret room close to the Lave Eye. The place is so well hidden that I couldn't not find it for WEEKS (seriously I kid you not) after having made it. Now it is well identified so that won't happen again. Each wall of the room is concave and will lead to more rooms/paths/caves when I get back to it. There is a pointless but nice looking lava well in the middle of the room and if you look at the ceiling you can barely make out a "plus sign shaped" exit/entrance which leads to the hidden path way above ground which leads to this room. Yeah it's well hidden. Love the colour scheme here.
So there you have it folks! That's what I've been working on for the last few months on my time off. The world is entitled "Final World", because after at least a half dozen worlds got corrupted due to accidental power surges caused by the forgetful simultaneous use of the toaster and microwave oven by other house dwellers (this made the PS4 black out mid-game and I would lose all content each and every time). This was my final attempt, if this one disappeared, there wouldn't have been this world at all. So glad this one survived (and was backed up numerous (NUMEROUS!!!) times.
Hope you guys like what you see. It's sure lots of fun to make.
Sorry if this is a massively long first post. Will add more pics and stuff along the way as I progress. Send me feedback or suggestions, I'm always open to hear what people think/like/dislike. Etc.
Don't know your age but comparing to all the teens and 20 something year olds that are in most of these forums, then I guess I am an old fart myself (33). As far as your builds all i have to say is holy crap. This is pretty in credible and just plain amazing. Keep up the good work and continue on with your stress reliever which happens to be mine as well. Too bad you don't play survival, which can be frustrating, disappointing, but ridiculously rewarding and fun as well (what I like to play).
Can't wait to see what else you will come up with.
I'm 38, going on 39! So yeah, older fart in my case Thanks for the kind words. Will indeed just build upon this one for now. I do plan on learning more on how redstone works as I'm sure it'b be fun to implement within this world and make things more interactive. But survival doesn't appeal to me much. I just like the whole Lego feel of the game but with nearly limitless capabilities.
WOW that's really all there is to say about your creations, I myself use minecraft as a relaxation tool so I know where your coming from. I love how much detail is in what youluke do and believe me it's not easy finding people who understand how long it takes to do this kind of stuff, I build detailed city's mostly but would love to have you join the world and take a look at what's going on. I can also show you some Amazing stuff with redstone.
My PSN InsaneTitan06
keep up the good builds and keep your chin up life can always surprise you in the best of ways.