Unfortunately this is another "Cannot connect to minecraft.net" issue.
Now at first it seems like the standard issue. My brother tries to log into the minecraft client and is met with the "Cannot connect to minecraft.net" error. He can connect to the site via web browsers and can also log into the game via a browser. It is isolated to the client.
- He can log in on other computers/laptop on the same and different networks without issue.
- He cannot log in on his laptop on our home network or any other network.
- Other people cannot log into his laptop on our home network or any other network.
- The problem persists in safemode/diagnostic mode (via msconfig).
- The problem persists even after a fresh reinstall of windows.
- The problem did not exist until 4 days ago. (No software/hardware alterations were made.)
- The problem persists after restoring router to factory settings.
- The problem persists after disabling firewall/antivirus.
- The problem persists after removing firewall/antivirus.
- My other brother has an identical laptop with exactly the same software/hardware installed.
- Java version 6 (x32 & x64) (I have tried different combinations of 6 & 7 and x32 & x64 bit)
- Tried Minecraft client 1.1 & 1.2
- DxDiag Information:
Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
I looks like a hardware issue to me, but the rest of the laptop works perfectly and passes all stress tests.
(I did more tests but these are the most conclusive.)
Appreciate the help, I you need more information/I have forgotten anything then please let me know.
I solved this problem when I realised that other applications were having issues connecting to the internet as well. This happened because the computer time was wrong (Only by a second in my case, but the time must be exact).
The incorrect time meant that the connection was refused to minecraft's servers (and other applications servers). Correcting the time fixed the problem.