The creative server is more or less retired until further notice.
Feel free to join us on our survival server. Take a look around, but begging for build rights will get you ignored or banned. If you hang around enough and we like your attitude, we will invite you to stay.
See next post as per usual for (the now old) server information and details.
WALL OF SHAME
Frederick22 - Banned for griefing and abusing power
Glodenghost11 - Banned for griefing
Approximately - 114 days
[*:3ckadaul] 24 hour dedicated server (25mbit Down, 5mbit Up)
[*:3ckadaul] Private Ventrilo server (8 slot)
[*:3ckadaul] Public TeamSpeak server (unlimited slot)
[*:3ckadaul] Backup server several times per day (manual monitored backup, as well as auto archival)
[*:3ckadaul] Bukkit server mod
[*:3ckadaul] Custom "official" server texture pack (for seeing things as they are intended)
- There was more-or-less no item spawning for the first 10 days (except when furnaces didn't work and we needed glass). Since, we have had to speed up production, and basing the world on a "populated" (Role Play) world it would be feasible that regular "workers" would be harvesting materials.
- Over 1000 chickens have been set on fire during the making of this map
- We are now a 100% creative server. Harvesting materials is so more.
HOW TO JOIN & RULES
NOTE: I am now BACK from HOLIDAYS. You can now bug me again, or you can keep bugging Anacondah... I don't mind.
If anyone is interested in joining in, please PM me or Anacondah your in game name and a brief message regarding intentions of the visit, IE touring, resident application, casual player, etc. I should respond within a day maximum, and add you to the correct lists which will allow you to connect. Failure to supply your in-game-name will result in you being ignored.
RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Respect other members, even if you don't get along with them... be civil or be gone.
- No abusing Ventrilo, or you will be barred from using it.
- If you build something that is out of place, expect it to be removed, modified, or otherwise.
- If you build something that is cosmetically unappealing, expect it to be modified.
- If you want to build something larger than a "typical" structure, you need to ask an admin for approval. Moderators can build anything they like without asking, but moderators may not approve structures for normal members.
- No "using TNT" without prior approval. Anyone caught "using TNT" without permission earns an insta-ban. "Using TNT" is considered to be detonating large amounts of TNT at once. Detonating a single block here or there to help mine, or blast small areas for constructive reasons is allowed. Detonating multiple blocks (more than two or three at once) is considered "using TNT".
- Do NOT explore the map beyond its current discovered areas unless given permission by an admin or moderator.
- Do NOT mine any resource ores that you did not uncover yourself... IE pre-discovered strip mines or tunnels where torches are already placed. Some ores are left for cosmetic reasons.
- Do NOT cut down trees from ANYWHERE near populated areas, or that have torches on them. Replant all trees that you DO cut down. Go find a nice dark spot away from all major buildings and pathways to cut down trees.
- Any structure must contain at least a 3m high ceiling space unless otherwise approved. This includes stairwells. Doorways my be the minimum 2m.
- Minimum corridor width on any structure is 2m unless otherwise approved or is unavoidable due to design restrictions (to be assessed).
- If you do not like these rules, do not bother to join. If you complain about anything related to these rules (IE your house gets removed because you built it in a stupid place) then you will be ejected.
Sounds harsh? It has to be... in order to maintain our level of quality, we will only be accepting people who can contribute in a meaningful and/or artistic manner. Not an artist? No problem... as long as you are creative, or can help others and follow instructions. :smile.gif:
LATEST MAP RENDERS
(Too large to display)
NEW: ISOMETRIC VIEW
DAY (Oblique/Angled) - CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
NIGHT (Oblique/Angled) - CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
CAVE (Oblique/Angled)- CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
(See a video of this in action - DOWNLOAD. Warning: video kind of sucks... need to make a better one.)
Currently the server is being hosted from home, therefore it's not exactly fast.
If you happen to be local (Australian) then it appears to be quite acceptable in terms of low-lag... however overseas users may experience issues.
Subsequently, the server is only open for tourist visits, and local (Aussie) players at this stage. I have some contacts in Helsinki who may be hooking me up with a 100mbit 24/7 server for free, but I will see how that goes. If you happen to tour and your ping/lag is acceptable to play (even if you are not in Australia) feel free to apply for residency.
As far as tours go, I am usually online up until about now (going to bed in fact here in a minute, it's 3am) so tours are gladly given from the time of this post and prior. Simply PM me if you are interested in a tour.
- If you grief, you will earn an IP ban and a big fat thread making sure everyone is aware you are a griever.
- If you grief, I will laugh since the server is manually backed up before tours, and during construction times only. In other words, if we aren't there to see it happen it won't matter since I will just restore the server.
- If you wish to apply for residency, just let me know. Keeping in mind the previously mentioned conditions.
- The server is run and owned by me and a friend of mine. Our in game names are SolarisPrime, and SoldjahBoy (me). We are both reasonable people and get along well with others, unless you give us a reason not to.
- Boats are given out for tour purposes only. They are /give items. Don't hate.
Hopefully that about covers it. Thank you all for your interest.
Progress has slowed somewhat, but still plodding along.
- Fishing jetty
- New resource mine and obsidian farm
- General tidy-up of paths, lighting, and signage
- New kitchen area for mega communal storage
- Guest Lodge now contains general information on how to get to places
- New Guest Board where visitors and residents can stick an "I was here" type of sign
- Two new residents (welcome CrawfishPrime and Sneferu) :biggrin.gif:
Should be touring again later (approximately 6-8 hours from now). PM now for a booking.
Tours are finished for the night, but here is what we made this evening:
- A zombie exhibit (we found a dungeon yay!)
- A small ship at the jetty/pier
- A lighthouse with viewing point
- A floating Zen Garden complete with obsidian spikes to keep it floating should Notch add gravity to all blocks
- Planted a buttload more trees
- More general tidy-ups (minor details)
Garden (from below)
The new underwater glass-works foundry
And, as usual the current cartograph maps are in the first post :smile.gif:
Tours will/should resume again tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat place.
- Project Sneferu. Not sure what he's making but it looks big and round on the cartograph render
- Airship (docked with floating island, yes wool was a /give but we had no other option for wool)
- Big chain and anchor block (floating island)
- A museum with a "Mineral Exhibit" and each Block-type viewable with signs
- A mob zoo (spawners not yet functional, and yes we had to /give these for the sake of our purposes)
Have some pictures
And a pic I grabbed while doing a "/home" which happens to show some of our mine system under the main fortress
Open house touring is available tonight for anyone who already has the address if you want to see the new changes. Anyone who is interested in tours, as usual PM me and we can arrange a time to take you through.
In a few days we will be organising a DESTRUCTION DAY, where you can get your grief out and take down the server with as much lava, water, and flint & steel as you can carry. If you would like to participate in DESTRUCTION DAY, please watch this thread as we will announce it on the day. This is obviously going to be rolled-back, but we all need some stress relief right?
Project Sneferu turned out to be a ****ING HUGE coliseum.
Check out the map render in OP.
Added (or Discovered):
- Megastructure: Huge coliseum with barracks (80% complete)
- Megastructure: Underwater City (after large TNT mishap under the ocean, this was our "cover-up". 60% complete)
- Crystal Caverns (glass filled with strange orientational feel)
- The Endless Caves (discovery) (yes, they may very well be endless...)
- Loads of Easter Eggs (hidden signs, warp zones, funny stuff, strange creations, etc)
- Crafty spawn maze (that seems more like a prison, but it's actually a puzzle!)
Too lazy to post any new screenshots etc... if you want to see it for yourself you should know what to do by now. :wink.gif:
Just went to a tour course. He is really a nice guy. Good tour. Nice place but I forgot to take a screenshot of the colosseum. The problem of this server is that it is a bit laggy. I'm going to stay in the server if he successfully transfer the server that is hosted by him ( his pc ) into a VPS server. Here some of the screenshot I took on the tour.
Apologies for the lag once again. Still working on that.
If anyone has a ready solution (such as a free or inexpensive server!) then let me know. This is a hobby, so I don't really want to pay like $50 a month for a server if I can help it. The server I may have access to in Helsinki will be free, but it's through a friend. It may or may not happen depending on a couple of factors, but it looks hopeful.
Perhaps someone else may be willing to sell/loan a spare server slot on an existing server? I know that some server systems may be capable of running 3-5 game servers at one time. I guess I won't know if I don't ask!
Anyway, glad you liked it. Feel free to come back any time since you have the address now, and look around wherever you like :smile.gif:
Just wanted to post a quick thanks to Sol for my ultra-fast 15-minute warp tour! I didn't have much time to play, just wanted to make sure I could connect, but ended up chatting and getting warped around for the whole time. :smile.gif:
They showed me lots of cool attractions and gave me some ideas to use in my own single player maps. I'm sure I only scratched the surface of all the neat stuff around AdventureCraft, but it was quite impressive nonetheless. Lag didn't seem bad for me at all, either. I think I'll have to finish the tour soon and apply for residency.