Serenity Archaeological Society Sandscape Expedition, Week 2
Expedition Leader: Professor Grendel Tremlin
Excavation Leader: Chief Archaeologist Kali Archon
Date: Tenth Day of the Unicorn, Radiant Year 416
Topic: The Changes
I am glad the second airship was completed to make it easy to return to the Serene. Though seeing such a megalithic structure above the camp can be intimidating at times. I heard those flames were the fragments of a giant magma cube. How dreadful.
As far as arrivals, we have had some good fortune there. The numbers are increasing, as are hostilities between them, but that's to be expected. Though I am genuinely surprised how much competition for land is occurring in such a massive environment. The Sandscape may have some other effect on the people who live here, which would explain why previous attempts to settle this region had failed.
We have reports of valuables being found, and have begun a training program to enhance the efficiency of the excavations, using a variety of tools to better one's chances of finding what they are looking for. Hopefully the program will be complete before the next week, as long as other problems do not come up.
However, the reason we are here has yet to reveal itself. With all the social problems, our digs were slowed down significantly to try and find the ruins we came here for. With time, I'm certain we will find it. Hope the Serene is doing well.
For the moment, I will not have the tool system in place. Mainly because I have yet to figure out how to separate "by hand" from the other tool sets. However, while I'm working on drop rates, here's the layout for proposals for changes to the rates.
Here is a complete list of all objects I'll allow to be in any recommendations of droplists:
Grass, Dirt, Cobblestone, Sapling, Sand, Gravel, Gold Ore, Iron Ore, Birch Log, Redwood Log, Generic Log, Lapis Ore, Brown Mushroom, Red Mushroom, Mossy Cobble, Obsidian, Redstone Dust, Diamond, Snowball, Cactus, Sugar Cane, Pumpkin Seeds, Melon Seeds, Vine, Mycelium, Lily Pad, Feather, Wheat Seeds, Saddle, Leather, and Music Records.
I don't include them, but if you wanted a much more complex drop system that includes items that can be crafted by the above (such as maps, tools, full pumpkins, and random trash like doors and boats) by all means, have your proposal include them.
You do not have to list a "total" or base them off real percentages. For example:
You can just list it like this. The OtherDrop plugin would automatically set the ratio to "outta 27". You can list them the way I showed there, or like this:
Redstone 2, Leather 9, Wheat 16
That's fine too. If you have an even cleaner, snazzier way to do it with forum code or whatever, by all means.
Yes I took your sand castle. Sorry.
You may join us though.
Feel free. You will also become a faction moderator.
It's alright, the sand castle was pretty puny anyway... -.-'
As for the faction, I would actually prefer to join as a normal member. It just seems wrong to become a moderator just because my sand castle was the starting point for a faction base... PM me if I can join the faction, I'll be on the server quite a bit on January 20th eastern standard time.
But we're not starving for donations. Integra can keep the server up just fine, we're just putting in that system so those so inclined can incline as such.
Integra currently pays $20 a month for this BeastNode-hosted server. That provides us with a 30 player slot server with 1024 MB harddrive space. So, if 30 people donated $.66, that would cover the server for a month. If donations became a regular thing and the server suddenly exploded with people, then upgrades would follow.
And when we do, I'll make sure to setup a certain number of benefits to those who donate, such as:
- Those who donate get 30 days (from when I put it in) of "Double Drops" in which they always get two of what they are digging for. Doesn't matter how much is donated, they get this benefit.
- Those who have ever donated at all get a change to drop rates that makes it easier to find "Uncommon" and "Rare" level finds. "Iron, Iron, Gold, Iron, Iron, ooooo, Sand." Ok, maybe not that crazy, but...we'll see.
- If it can be done, I'll add a faction benefit for donations that involves individual increases to max power, or a faster power regeneration rate, or both (max power increase for recent donations, power regen for ever-donated). Depending on what the Faction plugin supports there.
- When daily chance votes start, recent donators will get 3 votes instead of 1, ever-donated get 2.
- As part of the story/mechanics of the world, we're avoiding adding tp-related features like /sethome and /tpa. Travel is emphasized. However, while we don't usually tp people as admins (I don't, at least, but SirIntegra may from time to time if you get her in a good mood, which can quickly be turned into a bad mood if you keep asking...), if a donator requests it while we're on, we'll tp them, but only them. We will not tp somebody to them.
And if anybody has any other suggestions on donation-related bonuses, feel free to suggest some! One I was considering, is a /kit that gives donators Creative Mode Creature Eggs.
Still loving this server, completely different from most worlds I've played on. Stop past and say hello - and if any new players would like a hand, just give me a shout. I might be able to rustle up a few freebies for you.
Definitely the goal, a unique experience on Minecraft. And yes, RadCarrot is the leader of two large factions that have merged together to form the SandDragons.
Well done on the log there. Liking the detail to the story.
If anyone has any questions about the storyline, mythos, setting, or the like about the world we're trying to make with the server, please feel free to ask here, and I'll see about giving all the details as they are asked for.
Just signed on tonight for my first time. Didn't really know what to expect, but I really wanted to join a server with the Factions plugin. And when I noticed that it was ALL sand, I thought, "this looks very interesting." I joined, and was instantly greeted by everyone (A server with such a warm welcome is a win in of itself, in my opinion). I joined a faction within 30 seconds and helped construct their base. They gave me moderator in the faction, too! Was so much fun!
Too long; didn't read: I love this server. I will be on more!
The reasons for suggesting this: Generic Wood Log is really important, and abundant; I just think that lowering the drop rate would be slightly better. Maybe, maybe not. :tongue.gif: Water Bucket is extremely important, for farming and such, and a 1/5839 is a VERY small chance. Slightly changing the ever-important Water Bucket to 2/5839 would make it ever-so-slightly less rare.
Disappointed with a few people who obviously won't play nice, so unfortunately won't be coming back to the server. Thought it should be against the rules to take others land even if you're a large faction, and destroy their trade post. Have a good game, everyone.
My apologies for not catching all that occurred. Apparently there has been a busy weekend while I have been working on other things.
While it is true that factions can attack and take over other faction's land, I hope you recall my desire for people not to harass and destroy public, town-world benefiting environments.
Like what was done to the SandDragons trade post.
This issue will be...repaired...sometime today. I'll work on the OtherDrop list later on. At the moment, Integra is sleeping. When she awakens, I'm certain her rage over losing a player such as yourself will be more evident than mine.
In addition, some basic things that will be going on, hopefully completed over the weekend, as long as me and Integra are not too busy on the weekend (which we very often are).
1. I have considered a mobile spawn. Daily change to the starting spawnpoint.
2. Faction system will be altered or removed. Some ideas involve allowing only factions to claim land near their existing land. Others involve using plugins like Towny or Residence instead.
3. I will be going through server logs, and cleaning out the server of issues and problems I see within the logs, whilst cleaning out the rather large server log file itself.
4. In the hopes of his return, see about RadCarrot being the first of the Sandscape to be given a new rank, one that permits travel back and forth between The Serene and The Sandscape.
5. Alterations to plugins, new plugins, whatever it takes to fix one issue or another.
6. Push comes to shove, there's always changing over to a white-list temporarily. Opals forbid.
Edit: For the time being however, I will be stopping the server until Integra awakens. Stay tuned for more! :wink.gif: