Haven't tried going on the server yet. But I am going to now!
Edit: Server is great. Although I spawned very near the sky and I was standing on some logs. I had to dig down and take 8 hearts of damage. That was ok. Still great server.
Matthew, I was here on the old servers and am back here on this new one.
Many from this server community will know me as I built the large and only safe city in the server (with help for seiray). I have been on here for under a week and already I have noticed problem. I am going to list them here with improvement. Take this as constructive feedback:
1. To get on the whitelist it is too easy. One of the things is do you agree to the rules, well a griefer is never going to say no now is he? Make the whitelist application harder so more legitimate people can join instead of griefers who can just agree to rules, say they want to built and BAM they are in the server.
2. If you are unable to be active daily (which it appears not) add more moderators. At the moment there are two active moderators and frankly, that is not enough. Griefing is happening often and Seiray and Merlin cannot be on 24-7, you need about 5 or 6 mods who can keep control of the server and make it as grief free as possible.
3. Ban TNT and fire, a griefers two most powerful weapons. Simple to do, end of.
4. Disable creepers, some may complain it takes the fun out of the game, but it makes the place a mess, creeper holes everywhere near spawn.
5. No more server restarts. This happened three times when I was on the old server. And from the message that shows up every time you log in, it has happened again. You lose a large crowd when you restart, an excuse saying sorry the world is too big should be avoided.
Again I will reiterate, I am not having a go, just making observations of how to improve it from your side of things
Many thanks Matthew_J
Other multiplayer servers have creepers and when they explode they do not damage the landscape but they still do damage to the player. So I guess that's the best bet for number 4.
Just letting you know, its insanely laggy for me. To the point where I can open a door, go inside, open the chest see the items and THEN it tells me the door is locked and spits me back outside. I didn't exploit this at all, but if you want you can take me off the list if spots are limited.