Here are what I have now. Feel free to discuss it with me!
1. When wood burns it makes coal.
2. Torches burn, and should catch foliage and wood on fire.
3. How about a layer of clay between the soil and bedrock?
4. Beehives. Make them drop honey and wax. 2 wheat + honey = honey buns. Wax + string = candle. Candle + ion + glass = lantern. (Lanterns can be used in wooden buildings to avoid torches from burning it down.)
5. We can all make snowballs with out hands. If you punch snow you should make snowballs, and if you shovel it you should get the snow block.
6. Maybe I really stink at the game, but wooden buckets that carry water but not lava. I guess I just don't find iron as much as some people...
1. No, that's to easy to abuse. Plus, I think you mean charcoal or something.
2. Would be a nuisance and a pain in a normal 2x1 tunnel. Flint N' Steel are good enough for me.
3. Clay is meant to be rare, and having an entire layer of one mineral... ick.
4. Hmm... maybe. Notch already plans Oil Lamps, and candles are both redundant and useless because of how hard string is to get.
5. I guess the snowball thing makes sense, but it should at least be a little hard to get, so you can't spend your whole night knocking back creepers with snowballs.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from dusty328 »
This man really is a genius. Never have i seen such a clear and well written forum post.
But really buddy, i think this list is not a very good idea, im sorry. These are all going to make the game more easy, and possibly annoying.
Let's try and keep this to constructive criticism and not anonymous flaming, ok? I'm not trying to make the game easier, just more robust, better for all of us, and in some instances realistic. I don't understand the necessity to make clay a rare resource. 1, red brick is UGLY and I don't want to build anything with it anyway. 2, go dig a hole some place, In less than 10', you'll hit some variety of clay, unless you're on a beach or a mountain. After all, many cultures made bricks from clay all around the world.
candles are both redundant and useless because of how hard string is to get
That reminds me - you should be able to deconstruct cloth into string, after all you can do the reverse.
It would be cool if you could craft 2 sticks and a string into a bow-drill fire starter, or perhaps simply by combining two sticks in your personal crafting slots you start on the cube-side the reticle is on.
Also, you can not jump over a fence without a boost (which is good so neither can animals or creeps). How about making a gate for fences that functions like a door.
As it is, this is a "wishlist." Suggestions are supposed to be "one per topic." I'm moving this and closing it, and if you wish to repost them individually, fine, but search first and make sure you're not duplicating something that's already been suggested, thanks.