The fault is my own, nothing wrong with the game itself. The problem is that I always want to design a cool house or do something creative, but I don't have a creative bone in my body and my imagination is extremely limited.
They allow cursing here, just not at others. So no you're not **** out of luck.
1) Recreate something in MC, preferably a building or house.
2) See if you like the way it looks.
3) If not satisfied with the way it looks, swap materials out until you are. Like Wood Flooring, or Wool (Carpet) Flooring
4) Just switch things around as they come to you. Add on to your structure, eventually it might be a Mega build.
5) Never be afraid to journey to a new place.
6) Link up your old structures with your new ones, via Railway, canals, aquaducts, or just plain cobblestone pathway, maybe add some fencing, etc.
7) Texture packs, if you don't like the way MC looks (that was my problem) then change it.
8) Don't be afraid to use things that would be considered unorthodox. (Fencing as poles to hang lights off of, or to suspend your walkway over a gap in your mine)
I feel for you, I love art, and I fail trying to do it, however sometimes I stumble upon little ascetics I like, so I keep using them.
Pro tip for anyone with this problem. Build for Purpose and pure straight functional. From there, make small changes you think of. It won't look as great as some people's well though out creations, but it will keep growing and evolving and give you tools to make better looking things on the fly in the future.
I posted something like this earlier and after checking out the world file from - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35133&p=603115#p603083 I took some of the ideas and added my own twists. Check out some of the buildings and such people built here and see if you can get the world file to see how they were built.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from Nyugen »
"Fellow Minecrafters! Would any of you chaps happen to aquire a map of incredible visual aesthetic value, or a map which contains natural formations of great spectacle? Or would any of you happen to discover fabulous biome settings? [Notch]
Same exact thing for me.
Except I'm like the people posting. I find little tiny asthetics that appeal to me. I make a note about them and just keep the theme going in most things I build. I tend to like a lot of glass for example, but a house made completely out of glass looks a bit dumb. I also tend to like building with wood :]
Here's something I did.
I had a reguler square bland wood house. Completely square. I had no idea how to make it look purdy because I had never bothered before without making it look dumb, so I asked the community. This is what happened :biggrin.gif:
I still doubt that having a skeleton kill the creeper affects the chance of it dropping a record. I have yet to see any sort of proof for it anywhere, and it doesn't really seem like the sort of thing Notch would do.
I really didn't intend to bring him back from the dead, your honour, I swear!
I don't know how I got into this thread, and when I checked the date from the last reply I saw a "23" and guessed it was yesterday. Which it was... only a month ago. I guess I'm an accidental necromancer now.