To ensure a pleasant gaming experience to all our players, we have to make use of the banhammer. Unfortunately, sometimes, an error occurs, and innocent players are banned. We are sorry for that. This is why there is a ban appeal procedure in order to appeal you ban. Most of the time, ban appeals are successful if we realize we made a mistake.
How does the ban appeal work?
Follow the ban appeal procedure as explained below. When a ban appeal procedure is filed, we try to determine the cause of your ban. This is done by reading the server logs (which lists all discussions between players as well as the usage of admin commands by Ops).
If there isn't sufficient information in the server logs to determine whether your ban was a mistake or not, the operator that enforced your ban as well as his colleagues will be questionned in order to determine the cause of the conflict that resulted in a ban.
If there was a mistake, you will be unbanned within 12-24 hours. Please note that most bans are IP bans, which are harder to lift. That's why there is such a delay between the moment your ban appeal is accepted and your ban is actually lifted.
Also, if we determine that your ban was a blatant abuse of power by an Op, the Op at fault may lose his Op status or even get banned, depending on the gravity.
What is a permaban? How can I tell if I'm permabanned?
As stated before, all ban appeals that follow the ban appeal procedure will be taken in consideration.
However, sometimes, we have very good reasons not to lift your ban. When your ban appeal is rejected, it means that you are permabanned, usually because you acted blatantly against the server rules.
Here is the kind of behavior that will inevitably result in a permaban:
- You obviously griefed (and got caught red-handed)
- You flooded other people's work with water (there is a reason we are called "Desert Map", not "Lake Map")
- You used a no-clip hack (going through blocks as if they were not solid)
- You voluntarily glitched out of spawn prison or used a spawn hack
- You evaded your ban by creating another account or changing your IP address
- You were given Op powers and used them with the intention of being evil (you are a "rogue Op")
- You specifically asked to be banned (if so, don't waste our time with a ban appeal, please)
- You tested our limits and our "no censorship" policy by behaving far beyond the boundaries of "free speech" (e.g. blatant hate crime)
- You were rude to the administrator when you made a ban appeal
If you feel that you behave correctly and that you aren't permabanned, please make a ban appeal.
The Ban Appeal Procedure
Not respecting this procedure will result in your ban not being lifted. Poorly written or rude ban appeals will not be taken into consideration. Harassing the administator will not help either.
1. Reply to this topic by stating in your reply the username you were using at the time you were banned. Explain in your reply why you think you were banned and why you think you shouldn't have been banned.
2. Wait for the administrator to check the server logs and discuss with the other operators. This might take some time if the operator who banned you isn't online at the moment.
3. The administrator will reply to you to communicate his decision. This decision is not final. Unless the administrator tells you that there is no room for discussion, you may still appeal your ban even if it was rejected at first.
4. If the administrator accepts your ban appeal, write an email to L_eck_3k and state your account name and IP address. To check your IP address, click here. Do NOT reply to this topic with your IP address!
5. Your account and IP address will be unbanned, but it might take some time before the change is reflected on the server. Try to connect as often as possible, but please note that it may take 12-24 hours before your ban is actually lifted. Sorry for the wait.
We hope to see you again on "384x384x128 Desert Map". We feel that taking time to do a ban appeal is a proof that you enjoy our server. We hope you will be unbanned.
P.S.: This is also the thread where you should report rogue Ops.
I am here to ask for a ban appeal. You already know my argument. While I understand asking to be banned, he IP banned me, and I would very much like to build on your server.
EDIT: Ah, I see that your server does not welcome sarcasm. To bad.