1. Enter Hell through portal
2. Look around at the small strip of land that i'm on, sea of lava far below
3. Start hearing screaming as I mine the new blocks.
4. See a Ghast and don't know what to do, I scream irl and my mom looks at me weird
5. I explain to her what happened while getting shot at by another two Ghasts that decided to show up.
6. Die, losing my two stacks of red block and half a stack of new powder dust stuff, along with a diamond pickaxe and sword.
7. Respawn, rentering the portal only to find out that my stuff didnt drop and I lost all of it.
8. Almost cry.
9. Punch desk and close minecraft.
10. Come here to type this up.
I was all suited up and ready to go
I got in.
then I crashed.
I was still in hell though. But my return portal was gone.
I survived for 15 minutes before the jabbering pigmen took me down.
I hope n0tch nerfs them.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from mjcabooseblu »
Muncher is right, listen to him, he can cure the blind and make paraplegics walk.
I walk in, discover that the entry portal is atop a giant spire, and get bombarded by projectiles from not one, not two, but SIX ghasts, who:
A) Shut down my portal
:cool.gif: Destroyed half the ground my portal was standing on
C) Set everything else on fire
I went back through and didn't attempt returning to the Nether in that world.
well when i made the portal i heard screams which scared the **** out of me i went in heard more noises got scared ran and almost fell off a cliff into lava turned around saw a ghast it was much larger then i expected then died it was awesome
*Finish placing the last of the obsidian and light my portal up
* step through
*OH JESUS CHRIST GHASTS ARE HUGE
*RUN RUN RUN
*Eventually find a small cave, build a cobblestone bunker
*Realize I'm lost
*"Well, my compass should point me back to the portal!"
*Needle's spinning like a top
*Eventually make my way back to the portal, having collected a few glowstones
*I've come out of the wrong portal, and I've no clue where I am now.
And I'm just getting started.
Made portal, prepared with iron sword and pickaxe, as well as some bacon. Went on through, loving the trippy portal animation. Ended up in a GIGANTIC cavern, with a lava ocean at the bottom. Think "This is awesome", turn around, see 17 pigmen and crap my pants.
After I realised they were friendly, I wandered about for a bit, then went towards my portal, when suddenly OH GOD SOMETHING IS EXPLODING. Ghast comes up, firing at me. I have no bow. After a few shots, figure out that they're fairly easy to dodge, and head towards my portal... when its lastest fireball HITS THE PORTAL AND TURNS IT OFF. And I had NO LIGHTER.
Stuck in Nether, spent the next hour trying to get Australium, succeeded, and then spent my time dodging fireballs from a trio of Ghasts until one of them relit the portal for me.
Escaped. Arrived on surface, daytime, a few hundred meters from my mountain fortress. Currently building around the portal location, will attach via tunnel to fortress.
- Comes Out The Portal
- Everything was calm
- Walked around a bit
- I Saw Pigmen, walked passed the Pigmen
- I Saw a Ghast - shot the Ghast
- I saw a horde of Ghasts
- Ran away
- Destroyed Portal
All I can say:
Minecraft - Scaring People Since 2009
built a portal, entered it, instant death.
respawned, entered again, instant death.
After about half a dozen attempts I managed to run fast enough away from the portal that I lived long enough to get out of the purple haze before dieing, then died.
Set the game on peaceful and tried again.
This time I lived, but the portal kept changing places. From a single aboveground portal I end up in one of two places in the netherworld. If I go back out I end up in one of two places in the aboveground, but neither spot is the portal I built.
So all in all, not a positive experience so far. Plus, the new spawn rules for light and depth means my base is no longer 'safe' and thus I keep dieing trying to get to my equipment chest after respawning... so experimenting with the portal has been difficult.
Build portal in house
OH GOD SCARY SOUNDS
OH GOD SCARY SOUNDS
Start digging stuff, see ghast.
Ghast shoots fireball, I dodge it, and gtfo.
RE-enter my world 100 meters away from my first portal. hmm.
Push cow into portal. Disappointed that nothing happens.
Empty water bucket next to portal. Disappointed that nothing happens.
It was super lame. I went back and walked pretty far and made another portal hoping I'd spawn somewhere in Hell that wasn't a small cave. Unfortunately I just portaled right back into the same small cave.
1. Me and my friends are tired and wanting to go to bed.
2. Hear about minecraft update, everyone suddenly gets energy.
3. We all rush onto our SMP map, light portal.
4. Stand in it confused for a few minutes. Make a few more portals for good measure.
5. Find comments on blog saying portals in SMP don't work.
6. Everyone goes to bed.
7. I sad face.
1. Create new map, INVedit things in. Don't want to ruin my map with the glitchy **** going on.
2. Go inside wielding diamond sword, pick, bow and arrows, and some torches.
3. Spawn inside a seemingly enclosed cave with nothing in sight.
4. **** thousands of bricks when I hear babykittenchipmunkmonkeyinablender noises all around me.
5. Gather some glowing soulstone stuff that's next to portal. **** self when the sound mentioned above intensifies.
6. Looks around, find hold in ground with massive cave beyond, see pigmen wandering around by thousands.
7. Dig out a stair shape to lead down, see first ghasts, ghast sees me.
8. Dodge fireballs, stairs destroyed behind me.
10. Kill ghast with arrows.
11. Run out of arrows killing another one.
12. Narrowly dodge fireball, take a little damage. Dodge another fireball, keeping eyes on ghast.
13. Suddenly, raped anally from behind by a handful of pigmen.
14. Delete map with the portal entirely and swear to never do that ever again.