Kevski

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Minecraft: kevski_23

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Soria

The old days

"You remember the many stories you heard when you were a child. A legendary land floating in the sky, where magic and miracles still exist. Those stories were always treated as mere bedtime stories. But now, now you found a scroll, an ancient looking scroll and this very scroll describes that this land does exist! The only thing you have to do to go there is speak a few magical words... will they work you wonder and you try out..."

Trailer

Download now!

Epic let's play by the TheMTeam2011:

Installation

To play this map you need to install two things. One of those things is the map itself and the other thing is the 'Nerf griefing mobs mod' this mod prevents creepers from destroying the world with their explosions, don't worry they still harm you! This is needed to guarantee that no redstone is destroyed.

1. Copy the 'Soria - The old days' map from the .zip file you downloaded in your minecraft saves folder, which can be found here: C:/Users/*Your Username*/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/saves/

2. Download the following mod: http://www.minecraft...ingmobs-sspsmp/ and ModLoader (needed for the mod to work): http://www.minecraft...ything-updated/.

3. Place those mods in your minecraft.jar (located here: C:/Users/*Your Username*/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/bin/) and don't forget to delete your META-INF folder. For better instructions look at the ModLoader forum post.

*From here on it's optional but recomended*

4. Download and install Steelfeather's Enchanted texturepack: http://www.minecraft...-textues-added/
Follow instructions there to install HD texture packs.

Rules

1. No breaking blocks, except one clay block then.

2. No placing blocks

3. Fire, flint and steel or TNT are a big nono, even when you craft them.

4. You can craft items such as armor, weapons, food, potions etc. (Again no placing blocks and no flint and steel)

5. Playing on at least easy when you are outside of Lerion.
-Meaning that when you step outside the city gates, set your difficulty at least easy.

In the rules text included with the download are also some handy tips, so you should read that one as well.

It is highly recomended to use Steelfeather's enchanted. It's an awesome texturepack!

I hope you will like this map, and if you made a let's play of it, please let me know and I will make a link to it in this post!
Also please let me know if there are glitches and/or things I need to clarify in this map. It is the first map I made so please give me the chance to correct some of the mistakes I may have made.

My Planet Minecraft account: Kevski's PMC account.
And the PMC project of this map: Soria - the old days
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

rumandamonkey

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Looks very good. I've got it set up and ready to go and I will post some feedback tomorrow :)

Kevski
    Kevski

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Minecraft: kevski_23

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks, I hope you like the map, and some feedback would be great!
Posted Image

iC0nicG4m3r

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

I've been playing it for a bit, and I love it so far except for the fact that, at spawn there are no items in the chest at all when it says that there is and the lever is missing in the desert temple. But, so far everything has been fine. Great map so far.  :)

MinecraftvsCreepers

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Is this map multi-player? It seems interesting and I might like to do a LP w/ my friend =D
Posted Image

Jonud
    Jonud

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Minecraft: Jonud

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

This is amazing!!!

I'll come back later for feedback, right now the adventure calls me :D
Posted Image

Glowing_Haze
  • Location: Deep in the blocky hills and mountains of Minecraft
  • Minecraft: Hazerwar

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

sounds like a great game, can' wait to play.
Are you looking for a cool Adventure Map to play with your friends? Well you should try The Creeper's Bounty. Here's the Link http://www.minecraft...reepers-bounty/.

ThirteenMasons

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I HAD to comment here. How can so few people have played your map? Or rather, how could they not SAY SOMETHING afterwards? This is an amazing map and it's been a ton of fun and I haven't even left the city yet! There was a bit of finagling before I could figure out how to stop the mob griefing but I've figured it out. I had to turn my game into a lan game with cheats on and use /gamerule mobgriefing off  . I haven't tested it against a creeper and I'm hoping I never do, haha. I'm not the best at fighting. ^^;

Exelbirth

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I do have an issue with this. You have it tagged as survival, but in the rules forbid most of what playing a survival map is about (which is basically do what you can to survive.) I do think this map looks amazing, but is purely an adventure map.
Greetings everyone. My name is Exelbirth, AKA "The Mage King." I have a steadily growing youtube channel with daily uploads of multiple Let's Play series. To check it out, click this link --> http://www.youtube.c.../darkpheonix005

ThirteenMasons

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh, his profile says he was last active in August. :/ I guess he's not here anymore. Darn! I was hoping some encouragement would get him inspired! I guess I shoulda looked at that before posting.