The old days
"You remember the many stories you heard when you were a child. A legendary land floating in the sky, where magic and miracles still exist. Those stories were always treated as mere bedtime stories. But now, now you found a scroll, an ancient looking scroll and this very scroll describes that this land does exist! The only thing you have to do to go there is speak a few magical words... will they work you wonder and you try out..."
Epic let's play by the TheMTeam2011:
To play this map you need to install two things. One of those things is the map itself and the other thing is the 'Nerf griefing mobs mod' this mod prevents creepers from destroying the world with their explosions, don't worry they still harm you! This is needed to guarantee that no redstone is destroyed.
1. Copy the 'Soria - The old days' map from the .zip file you downloaded in your minecraft saves folder, which can be found here: C:/Users/*Your Username*/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/saves/
2. Download the following mod: http://www.minecraft...ingmobs-sspsmp/ and ModLoader (needed for the mod to work): http://www.minecraft...ything-updated/.
3. Place those mods in your minecraft.jar (located here: C:/Users/*Your Username*/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/bin/) and don't forget to delete your META-INF folder. For better instructions look at the ModLoader forum post.
*From here on it's optional but recomended*
4. Download and install Steelfeather's Enchanted texturepack: http://www.minecraft...-textues-added/
Follow instructions there to install HD texture packs.
1. No breaking blocks, except one clay block then.
2. No placing blocks
3. Fire, flint and steel or TNT are a big nono, even when you craft them.
4. You can craft items such as armor, weapons, food, potions etc. (Again no placing blocks and no flint and steel)
5. Playing on at least easy when you are outside of Lerion.
-Meaning that when you step outside the city gates, set your difficulty at least easy.
In the rules text included with the download are also some handy tips, so you should read that one as well.
It is highly recomended to use Steelfeather's enchanted. It's an awesome texturepack!
I hope you will like this map, and if you made a let's play of it, please let me know and I will make a link to it in this post!
Also please let me know if there are glitches and/or things I need to clarify in this map. It is the first map I made so please give me the chance to correct some of the mistakes I may have made.
My Planet Minecraft account: Kevski's PMC account.
And the PMC project of this map: Soria - the old days