• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mycahx
    Mycahx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hello! I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me. With a dedicated IP will I be able to use something like server.mydomain.com to have people connect to my server? I find this much easier than having to connect via an IP.

It wouldn't be much harder than just editing the records on the domain, correct?

Also, does anyone have any experience with RedStoneHost.com?

Register or log in to remove.

B0T3X1N
    B0T3X1N

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Minecraft: B0T3X1N

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Dedicated IP usually means that you get the "25565" port in a server computer.
What you are talking about is DOMAIN name. You've got to purchase that and set up a dns record.

By the way I don't really like Redstonehost, but it's your choice ;)

Mycahx
    Mycahx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thank you for the quick reply! I realize that it's a domain name. That's why I asked if it'd be as easy as editing records on the domain  :) I already own the domain I want to use, I'm assuming I just have to edit the A Record on a server. subdomain.

Also, any reason why you don't like them? Who would you suggest?

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16137 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, you just need to edit a subdomains A Record to point to your server's IP address.  It works really well if you are using the default port (25565)

Mycahx
    Mycahx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

It would just have to be the IP, correct? Not the port?

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16137 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostMycahx, on 03 February 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

It would just have to be the IP, correct? Not the port?

Yeah, just the IP

Mycahx
    Mycahx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I was attracted to Redstone Host because they gave more RAM/a dedicated IP for the same price as others I have looked at. Basically looking for a 16-player max server, and they offer that + extra RAM for mods. Would love to hear if someone else has had an issue with them...

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostMycahx, on 03 February 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

I was attracted to Redstone Host because they gave more RAM/a dedicated IP for the same price as others I have looked at. Basically looking for a 16-player max server, and they offer that + extra RAM for mods. Would love to hear if someone else has had an issue with them...

Slow support at times, but if you can get past that they're okay :lol:

Also, they might lag at some times when you have a bigger server.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

nikolas2020

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

you should check out simplytreehosting.webs.com
They are the same group that host my server and they have great service and features
for really cheap

CaptainXD

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

PickleHosting is a decent host at a good price. Their prices look average, but they can be negotiated lower. Instead of 1GB of RAM + no dedicated IP for $10/month, I got 1GB of RAM + dedicated IP for $8.50/month.
Posted Image[/url]

The_Official_Game_Craft

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

You need a DNS SRV Record for things like mc.hypixel.net. You should get a server from http://silvagaming.co.uk/ as they are cheap and you can get a DNS SRV Record free when you buy a server.

parTrawkrz

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

View Postnikolas2020, on 22 August 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

you should check out simplytreehosting.webs.com
They are the same group that host my server and they have great service and features
for really cheap
That isn't up anymore. And there is a better one. http://pytohost.com/minecraft.php , for 12$ a month you can get 2GB Ram and Unlimited Players(which applys to everyone of them exept the 3$ one). The only thing is that its not a dedicated IP but theres an option to pay for a dedicated one for an extra 3 bucks a month.
Posted Image

xCreeper_TroidZ

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Go to www.fadehost.com good prices cheap and good. Service is great, just takes some time and you get dedicated ip add on for 3 dollars.